PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou to crew

Cleared Visual
21st Apr 2007, 17:50
Something positive about Qantas! Recently paxed DRW-ASP-MEL, the second leg of the flight as QF797 on 15th April. Just wanting to say a big thankyou to the crew on this flight for their professionalism and customer service.

The flight was delayed out of Alice because of a warning regarding the generator on the #1 engine, Would like to commend the captain and crew for the manner in which they kept us all informed and were very reassuring as the rectified this, and this same professionalism was maintained when we struck some moderate turbulance during the flight. Having been on flights where similar things have happend and the passengers told nothing, many passengers have often become nervous or agitated, but everyone aboard seemed pretty calm and content on this flight. As I work in customer relations (to pay for my flying lessons to follow my dream of one day being a professional aviator), I would like to see these guys get some recognition for going about their day to day jobs in a professional manner.

J430
22nd Apr 2007, 10:01
Credit where credit is due, and most crew on QF as well as others are pretty good most of the time, understand at times there is a shortage of a smile when being screwed from behind, or above or both:eek:
The sad thing is how long your post was here (16hrs) before any positive replies.:ooh:
I suppose if you cant say antything nice don't say anything at all:E
J:ok:

Keg
22nd Apr 2007, 15:27
I would like to see these guys get some recognition for going about their day to day jobs in a professional manner.

Mr Geoff Dixon
Qantas Airways Ltd
203 Coward St
Mascot, NSW, 2020

In case he decides to not forward it onto the crew, you should also write to:
Captain Chris Manning
Chief Pilot
Qantas Airways Ltd
203 Coward St
Mascot, NSW, 2020

In the current strained relations crew need every good report that we get.

Whilst you're at it can you tell Geoff that he's mad if he doesn't even give the crew a CPI pay rise with back pay to the last 737 pay rise (2004 I think! :eek: ) :}

pakeha-boy
22nd Apr 2007, 15:38
Quote....The sad thing is how long your post was here (16hrs) before any positive replies

J430...,mate!!! most blokes go to work to do a good/great job and dont need the recognition........reckon it,s just what we do......but in saying that,its always nice that people also recognise the effort....so..THANKS!!!!

J430
22nd Apr 2007, 22:20
PB

You are welcome, but I have to disagree a little, most folk actually desire recognition for a good effort, its often worth more than the pay rise according to most studdies done. Just a pitty modern management in the airline industry have neglected this aspect of team management.

Anyway have a great week! All of you!

J:O :ok: