PDA

View Full Version : Impact of JARFCL

Airking
22nd Jan 2002, 17:35
I´m fed up with that JAA-Crap !. .having flown more than 3600hrs KingAir + 350 Citation I just learn that I won´t get an JAA-ATP. .altought I have an unrestricted German ATPL, because I´d need 500 hrs FAR25 time.... .Is this the same in all the other JAA-Member states ?. .Most of my time is in Command and all was flown commercially (requiring 2 Crew). Additionally I am TRE&TRI&FI-PPL.. .If my Boss would decide to buy, just for example, a Hawker, I´d would be allowed to fly it in Command as an German ATP, but not as a JARFCL pilot. Thats nuts, isn´t it?

machone
22nd Jan 2002, 20:59
If you have flown the type as a two crew operation and have an AOC that says so get a letter from you company saying this and apply for exemption due 500 hrs two crew time of operations .. .It might work. Did for me

Max Torque
23rd Jan 2002, 00:19
Det var de bedste nyheder jeg laenge har hort.

Max Torque
23rd Jan 2002, 00:26
Woops. Bloody russian computer. What I meant to say, is that it appears that the Danish CAA has just approved command two pilot ops on non MPA A/C for purposes of ATPL credit to JAR. All you have to do is cite this with your own JAR CAA and they have to approve it. In theory :-) Check with Danish CAA and your own CAA. There is a thread on the Scandi forum about this but its in dialect.. .Good luck. However this definitely looks like light at the end of the tunnel.

DanishPilot
23rd Jan 2002, 01:15
MT and Airking,

It is not an islolated Danish CAA decision, it has been decided on the JAR FCL meeting held 14th to 19th of january (last week!), so it is brand new. Your local CAA might not even know yet. There is, however, a JAA long term exemption on the way which will be something like the 500 hours required can be substituted for time in "CAA Approved and required 2-pilot operations".

This means that whatever CAA you have flown it in must have had granted the company a permission or a requirement to operate with two pilots. Normally, it will be aircraft on an AOC/Commercially, where it is stated in the FOM that the aircraft HAVE to be operated commercially by two pilots.

I have fought for this myself, as I felt the same way as you and may others, Airking, and now there was a really usable solution.

Hope that helps you, Airking !

Airking
23rd Jan 2002, 14:36
Sounds Great !. .Hope the joks at the LBA will do it that way.... .Thanks for your replies !