PDA

View Full Version : NetJets hiring practices

agdn2
21st Apr 2007, 14:22
Why does NetJets re-hire a pilot that left in bad standing and let him take my seniority captain's slot? I also heard that they re-hired him as a line trainer (something I would like to do). Is this normal practice? Frankly this p.... off, what is next? hiring all ex-captains and put them above me in seniority?

south coast
21st Apr 2007, 14:49
Would you care to enlighten us a little more with what you are on about?

agdn2
21st Apr 2007, 15:06
Suposedly a line trainer that resigned a year ago left the company without any notice period and got re-hired (or is going to be, not sure) straight back into a line trainers position including his old seniority spot.

Smeagel
21st Apr 2007, 16:39
:confused: Surely not?

south coast
21st Apr 2007, 17:01
On what fleet?

winkle
21st Apr 2007, 19:35
well its not me ( mind you i was a nice leaver):)

Highwaves
22nd Apr 2007, 09:43
800....and he did not leave a year ago but only a good 6 months ago

Smeagel
22nd Apr 2007, 10:43
He's not the only one. A few ex-Netjets crew have been contacted by the company asking if they would go back. How desperate must they be to have to start poaching crew?

In the past when it has been suggested that NJE is short of pilots and struggling to recruit the pro-company people in here have always claimed that not to be true.

What do they say now? Would those who accused me of talking out of my @rse like to reconsider?

Can't wait to hear.

Ebow
22nd Apr 2007, 11:29
Must be human resource supply and demand problem. Not being an insider I get the impression that somewhere in the past Netjets must have f***ed up. If the most experienced workforce is, for whatever reason, deminishing as an expanding company you have a problem. The solution of attracting ex NJ pilots to come back with seperate deals is not a very elegant one to NJ pilots...to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the long run, this "solution" would backfire.
Standing in your shoes it would piss me off as well.

agdn2
22nd Apr 2007, 12:17
Thanks, Ebow.

That's my point. I dont mind that ex-employees get hired if they left in good standing and join at the bottom. Surley union regulated airlines would not stand for someting like this and there is a reaon for that! Everything is pretty OK in NetJets but once in a while they make such a stupid move, wonder who makes these decisions.

Ebow
22nd Apr 2007, 13:21
agdn2,
You got that right: with union regulated airlines the union would almost certainly go ballistic if mentioned procedure would be implemented.

Ideally with unions "the knife cuts both ways"...but on the other hand define ideally.

winkle
22nd Apr 2007, 18:38
I had better stay in they might ring me tomorrow.
:)

PPRuNeUser0215
23rd Apr 2007, 08:20
What I don't understand is not why NJE recalls people who have left but why people who have left come back...
When I leave a company it is after thinking about it for a while and once I see no future for me in an outfit (not just the money you understand but also how well I think can fit in the future plans) then that's it, I am gone, never to return.
Basically I move on an so far I have regretted none of my move. Of course we are all different but to believe that things change to a point I will now be happy again with any of my previous employer would take some very serious convincing on their behalf.
I would not buy the money thing because I have never left anyone for that... I would not really believe either that the things which made me move, have completely gone away... As they are probably still here even under a milder form or shape which only time will make grow bigger.

So not a NJE thing really, a comment I have valid for any outfit I have worked for.