PDA

View Full Version : Best Type endorsement facilities?

Golf Captain
3rd Jun 2001, 10:58
I have to organise type endorsements for our new crew on either the Citation X or GIV in approximately 6 months. I was wanting some advice on which organisation is the best for this from the experienced pilots of this field.

Any advice would be appreciated and considered.

JJflyer
3rd Jun 2001, 14:29
Hey there.

Well then. If you want to go the Flight Safety International way it is hella good and VERY expensive. But then it does get the job done.
Also FSI is approved by many of worlds CAA facilities.

www.flightsafety.com (http://www.flightsafety.com)

Any Questions ???

JJ

[This message has been edited by JJflyer (edited 03 June 2001).]

Golf Captain
13th Jun 2001, 09:37
Thank you JJFlyer for your response but the question I still have for you is:

Is there anybody else in the world that does these endorsements that are credible or slightly comparible to Flight Safety International? Or is it another monopoly of the market by a world leader?

I look forward to yours and others serious reply

V2Climb
13th Jun 2001, 11:07
Simuflite provide this facility also, for many different types.

gaunty
14th Jun 2001, 17:15
Golf Captain
JJ has got it right.
Flight Safety is the go with Simuflite right behind/next to them.
There are many other wannabes but the capital requirements stop most in their tracks.
I am intrigued by your comment regarding "monopoly", am I reading too much into to it or do I detect a note of paranoia.
At the end of the day it's safer and much smarter to go to the company the manufacturers endorse and include in the price of their new ones.
You might find that your insurer will have something to say about that as well. At least the premium will be rated with the training providor as a determinant.
If you are not talking direct to the manufacturers about the purchase, operation and support of a presumably used aircraft, given your location you should be.
Unless you know more than they do of course.

There ain't any financial or timeline shortcuts that won't come back and bite you hard some day.

I live in your town give me a call, I might be able to help.

StressFree
14th Jun 2001, 22:15
GC,
I did the FSI G IV course at SAV over a year ago for a type rating on a UK CAA(JAA) licence. Great course but the classroom side is TOTALLY geared up for FAA exams rather than the more detailed CAA exams, no complaints at all about the sim work. Great instructors and reliable sims. All round its THE place to go for Gulfstream training.
If you want more info let me know.
Cheers.

:)

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

411A
14th Jun 2001, 23:57
StressFree--
AS the GIV is an American aircraft, the course provided by the American manufacturer is most certainly presented in the American FAA way. What is your problem? If you had wanted a course presented in the UK CAA style, why not go to a UK facility for the training? If one does not exist, then bite your tongue and do it the FAA way. OR, purchase a UK manufactured aircraft.

fokkerjet
15th Jun 2001, 01:25
My Fokker is a Dutch aircraft, designed and built by a Dutch manufacturer and the school is taught by FlightSafety-Boeing in the Miami. My training wasn't geared towards a Dutch rating, but towards a FAA rating. I'm sure if I went to FS-B in Paris, the class would have been geared more towards a JAA rating.

I think the point Stress was making was that FSI teaches towards a FAA rating, here in the US. If you attended FSI elsewhere outside of this country, your rating would be geared that way. Since FSI does not have a Gulfstream school elsewhere, I'd say you're stuck "learning" it the American way.

26point2
15th Jun 2001, 01:38
Calm down 411, Stressfree was making a perfectly sensible comment based on his own experiences,without any hint of disrespect!
I too did the FSI GIV course in Savannah and found the whole course excellent!totally geared to teaching you the aircraft rather than teaching you to get through an over the top JAA exam! myself and all of my colleagues did however pass the JAA exam which simply shows the dedication the instructors put in! The simm instructors were Brilliant..Informative and patient!!!
So 411A drop the attitude or switch your computer off wer'e trying to help Golf Capt with sensible question!

------------------
Keep on running.

RAFAT
15th Jun 2001, 05:26
Sadly, a rather typical response from 411A.

411A
15th Jun 2001, 06:06
26point2---
...."trying to pass an over the top JAA exam".
Exactly my point. Seems the JAA crowd is trying to reinvent the aeronautical wheel, all the time. The FAA is MUCH more practical, in nearly every respect. Have to say though, those RR engines are one fine piece of machinery.

StressFree
15th Jun 2001, 14:24
411A,
Oh dear.............sad, so very sad.
There is a world outside the USA old chap. I'm not defending the JAA at all but when you attend a JAA course even if it is on an American plane and taught at an American centre, is it not too much to hope that it is geared up to the JAA exams? I agree the FAA system is probably the best but in Europe we have to work with whats in place ie. JAA.
Prior to your next posting I suggest you consider the matter a little more before pressing the 'submit reply' button.........

:rolleyes:

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

west030
17th Jun 2001, 19:48
Hi guy's, sorry but I don't really see a lot of diffirence between the two FAA/JAA.
Have done two types one at flightsafety and one at bombardier both for the FAA and JAA licence. There is not that much diffirence!
The writtens for the JAA or made by the training centre and are not that much more difficult than the FAA written questions. You only have to answer 120 questions which can take a lot of time up to 4 hours.
There is no oral for the JAA that's a little advantage with the checkride! Checkride for JAA is even more flexible if you screw up once you get a second chance and the examiner may give instructions for the FAA there is no second chance, you failed!