PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen an increase in buisness

SkyCruiser
4th Oct 2001, 15:33
Since the events on September 11th, have you guys seen an increase in biz jet travel? :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

TheDrop
13th Oct 2001, 02:39
Yes and no,

Some places say they are busier, other places have laid off pilots as did many airlines.

For the time being I feel safe where I am (Fractional Bizjet), but you never know !

The Groover
13th Oct 2001, 03:29
Would agree with you The Drop.

Talking from a London based Biz Jet Operator, there is a definate increase in business, but I am a firm believer that this was because it was pretty grim before the tragic events, so it has only really had an effect as to bring it back in line to what business levels were like, say this time last, or even a few years ago.

Have read a few articles in the qualities claiming that Biz jet operators are having their best ever period, but this seems to be an indication from the US, and not the UK and certainly not what 'the word on the street' is, contrary to what I am sure some operators will now come on here and tell us !!

Still, at least we still have jobs......

TG

--------------------------------------

Thats the way its goin down.......baby

Di - Hedral
16th Oct 2001, 04:25
The TV news tells us airline business is down, some companies by as much as 80%.
Then they say that smaller bizjet companies are thriving with an increase of up to....
wait for it.... 15% :confused:
Personal experience says its been down all year, but not too bad. The last few weeks however I've seen a 60% drop in work & am not looking forward to the next payslip :(
[I]I suppose it could be seasonal !!? :rolleyes:

V1 Rotate
16th Oct 2001, 18:35
What are we as pilots doing to promote our industry?
I have always found that a lot of clients are not fully aware of all the advantages of using Biz Jets. I have often scored extra flights by informing clients of our full capabilities and advantages.
Any new suggestions?
V1 Rotate :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

Check 6
16th Oct 2001, 20:48
A friend flying charter Lears out of SLC (Salt Lake City) says his business is way up. He explained that some corporate customers do not want their top executives flying on the airlines anymore.