PDA

View Full Version : Coastguard S-92...Where is it ?

heli1
20th Apr 2007, 14:05
Anybody seen the first CHC machine ar Aberdeen yet ?
It was supposed to arrive by 15th April if they are to stay on schedule !

Porche
20th Apr 2007, 18:34
.....can't.....stop.....laughing, .....sides.....hurting.

And you're surprised because ? :)

rufus.t.firefly
20th Apr 2007, 19:34
Has it actually crossed the pond yet ?

Is it being carted across on a container ship ???

Just a thought .......any update;) ;)

NorthSeaTiger
20th Apr 2007, 23:26
Mid May me thinks !!

ppheli
21st Apr 2007, 06:07
Keep an eye out on Southampton Docks next week ;) , and (after Customs clearances etc) a long ferry flight north of a S-92 in primer.

NorthSeaTiger
21st Apr 2007, 07:24
Primer ? What happened to the nice coastguard paint job it had in the pics ?

Richard Taylor
21st Apr 2007, 09:16
I think guys the S92 being ferried up soon in primer is for Bristow Scatsta ops, not the Coastguard ops.

If the Coastguard one is overdue, should someone call out...The Coastguard???

Night Watchman
21st Apr 2007, 11:42
Well, the CG one ain't needed until mid August so I guess there's plenty of time.

Overt Auk
21st Apr 2007, 12:12
Yes,
do keep an eye out for it, 'cause, unlike just about every other big new machine, this one ai'nt fitted with TCAS.
OA

NickLappos
21st Apr 2007, 12:44
Overt, if it doesn't then it wasn't ordered, because TCAS is part of the 92's kit.

Porche
21st Apr 2007, 14:20
Night Watchman. It may not be needed until mid August but it has to undergo a lot of work to ready it and then it must pass all the necessary approvals before it can do SAR.

Current estimates for turnaround run at about 10-12 weeks and that assumes (and its a big assumption) that everything will go swimmingly and they get it right first time.

Of course this also assumes that it has been seen by then ;)

Overt Auk
21st Apr 2007, 14:42
Nick. Exactly so.
OA

Porche
21st Apr 2007, 14:51
I thought it was mid August?? Flung's most probably right though :)

http://www.chc.ca/search_and_rescue.php (under the heading "UK COAST GUARD") confirms July 01 2007 as handover date.

Night Watchman
21st Apr 2007, 15:09
CHC are taking over CG SAR in Stornoway on the 1st July with a transition crew who will provide cover using the current Bristow SAR S61 until 1st October.

The existing pilots or whats left of them (last count only 2 were going to CHC) and the new ones (if CHC can find any - cos apparently they're looking pretty hard at the moment) will go to the states for a conversion course and then come back and do SAR training in the S92 from mid August to aim to be on line by the 1st October 2007.

Obviously with the current Sikorsky spares problems, the work needing done as described by Porche, technical issues, CAA exemption approvals and lots, lots more these dates may not be fixed in tablets of stone. :uhoh:

NW
PS I thought it was going to have TCAS fitted???

212man
21st Apr 2007, 15:33
NW; yes it will, there's some thread creep going on. It's the BHL machines that won't have TCAS :ugh:

Wiretensioner
21st Apr 2007, 18:24
Wondered how long it would take for Nick to drag this into another bitching session.

sox6
21st Apr 2007, 18:31
Its a bit sad that Bristow are bringing the first of 6 S92s in ahead of CHC's MCA machines considering we became the prime bidder for the coast guard job nearly 18 months ago.

ppheli
22nd Apr 2007, 06:29
North Sea Tiger - my mistake entirely :ugh: . It is the first BRISTOW 92 which arrives Southampton Docks next week, and will be in primer. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

heli1
22nd Apr 2007, 09:27
Gosh.. a few people bit on that question!
However I agree that the later it arrives at Abedeen ,the later the in-service date will slip as there still has to be some CAA work,manual write ups and training to do.Also how long will Bristow extend their generous lease of an S-61N for? Me thinks they have other fish to fry which may be why CHC are hurriedly trying to mod a couple of their own S-61Ns for tours at Stornoway and Sumburgh ???

Night Watchman
22nd Apr 2007, 09:43
what does that do for manning levels at Stornoway?

Well, its a problem. Anyway, I'm sure CHC are aware of it and will be addressing it. :hmm:

The whole changeover malarkey is becoming a bit of a nightmare for all involved. :sad:

HeliComparator
22nd Apr 2007, 12:13
Nick - yaaawn - you haven't quite got the hang of this thread yet have you. Perhaps because you are too busy trying to identify an HC slagging point.

The CHC machines are the coastguard ones and I have no idea what their spec is. The machine at or near Southampton is the first one for Bristow at Scatsta for crew change and has TCAS1 and unfortunately EGPWS.

HC