PDA

View Full Version : These ****** will never change

Mr. Bloggs
20th Apr 2007, 08:28
I thought we turned over a new leaf with regard to industrial relations.

Freighter Flying and Temporary Bases
Recently, a number of allocated 744 Temporary Bases have been cancelled by the Company. Unfortunately, we do not have an agreement with the Company over the allocation of Temporary Bases and must rely on the Company’s interpretation of its own policy, Temporary Base Policy 2007 Passenger Fleet. This can be found on IntraCX.
Some awarded temporary bases due to start very soon have subsequently been reinstated but the Company has indicated that it is no longer prepared to allocate temporary bases to Officers who decline to operate freighter duties on a permanent basis.
We are disappointed that the Company chose to cancel already awarded temporary bases. We welcome the Company's decision to reinstate a few of these cancelled bases, but remain concerned that some Officers’ Temp Bases will remain cancelled unless those Officers agree to fly the freighter on a permanent basis.
Whether individuals agree to fly freighters permanently to secure a temporary base is a matter of personal choice. Giving up an entitlement is something that should only be done after careful consideration.

Baywatcher
20th Apr 2007, 10:51
What do you really expect the Company to do. Say well done, you won't fly the freighter and here is a temporary base that you want so much?

Generally in life you are treated as you treat others!

jacobus
20th Apr 2007, 12:05
The fact remains that the so called Mixed Freighter Flying agreement was instigated at the companys' behest, under the guise of integration and appearing to give us some huge concession during the negotiations for whatever set of COSAP was then being forced on us and, like it or not, it gave people the option to elect Not to fly the freighter. The MFF is incredibly one sided and has served nobody really apart from the company, and those former AHK and ASL employees who transferred to CX; it's done none of the mainline guys any favours...except that some individuals have been able to go for a freighter command. One could argue that if ASL hadn't been formed in the first place then these same officers would have had their chances to fly the freighters anyway, and would have had their commands a damned sight sooner..In the past as they say...Notwithstanding any of the above the company gave the guys the chance to say NO to mixed fleet flying and this should not be ######about with, nor indeed should any form of external pressure be applied (ie coercion of S/O's, F/O's by fleet managers, withholding of bases, NTC's telling us how exciting flying the freighter/visits to Delhi are etc. etc). If it's an industrial "AGREEMENT" then that's the end of it...stat....and it's not our fault if the company have screwed up and can't crew the freighter... :*:ugh:

Yeager
20th Apr 2007, 13:27
Thats just the way that this company works - fact it. Management by fear.
You get nothing without paying for it - nothing. Everybody sitting out there awaiting things to change to the better - eg pay rise - keep waiting. Yeah we might get a pay rise, that is IF we pay for it - eg. 3 man Europe - 55+, DEFO etc.. Unfortunately I think "our" union may just not be smart enough to go for an unconditional pay rise demand - sorry to say.

The temp basing vs. freighter flying is only an expected insult on top of other insults that the company has choosen to intimidate the corps with. The good news is that good colleagues are leaving by the numbers - AND maybe even the folks upstairs will be haunted by their own lack of respect for corps.

Lets hope for the best - but expect the worst (over and over!) :}
Y

Baywatcher
20th Apr 2007, 14:37
Jacobus

Sorry I had forgotten the agreement! Perhaps an idea not to take temporary bases either, as it obviously only helps them out!

cpdude
21st Apr 2007, 00:40
What do you really expect the Company to do. Say well done, you won't fly the freighter and here is a temporary base that you want so much?

Generally in life you are treated as you treat others!
I expect them to honour the spirit of the agreement and play fair! I won't hold my breath waiting for this but until this company learns to play nice with their employees; very few will do anything for them. Why do you think people don't answer phones?

I fear another bang is on the horizon in the explosive relationship this company has created with its employees! It couldn't happen to a better bunch of idiot managers.:mad:

BillytheKid
21st Apr 2007, 03:08
Why do you think people don't answer phones?

Because they don't want to work?!?:ok:

Paris Hilton
21st Apr 2007, 18:00
So who is driving the train at CX?
DT started this nightmare. PC continued it.
NR and TT seem like decent chaps. Is there hope?

Glass Half Empty
21st Apr 2007, 18:04
Yeah "Bob" and "No"

hostile23
21st Apr 2007, 21:48
:ugh: You've got to be F@cking kidding, what planet are you on?

Cpt. Underpants
21st Apr 2007, 22:41
TT - Tony "The Liar"? I agree - you have to be kidding. He's a narcissistic, poisonous psychopath, positively the worst character I've seen in my (many) years in CX.

Don't let the smile fool you, the mans' a trained expert in media and emotional manipulation. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Read this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9023604/site/newsweek/

Paris Hilton
21st Apr 2007, 23:29
Wow! OK.
Picks a good guitar though.