PDA

View Full Version : Overland Airlines Nigeria

merlinxx
20th Apr 2007, 06:56
Can any one offer information regarding Overland SVP

exjet
20th Apr 2007, 08:27
Dont know them as an airline but they have a handling operation in Dakar, Senegal which is excellent- Nigeria not as good

:ok:

LongJohnThomas
20th Apr 2007, 12:32
They are known as LandOver Handling Company and OverLand Airways Limited.
Both owned by the same people and operated thus.
Landover does handling and overland flies!
Any more questions?:ok:

merlinxx
20th Apr 2007, 20:30
Thanks folks. I know them very, very well, just trying to ascertain their exposure level. The owner/MD is an old friend, just asking is all. Thks again.

skygod
21st Apr 2007, 10:19
Hi guys,
Althought Overland airways might look so gud on the outside, on the inside its a totaly diffrent ball game. The MD/CEO Capt E.Boyo treats his pilots very badly. Hes tricked a few expats to working in Nigeria, however after a few months, they all figured out his cheap games and resigned.
I will however not recomend overland, unless its ur last option, or just starting up a career, and in that case he may hire you as a 5TH OFFICER with no allowances for 2 years. Overlands ATR 42 is curently grounded in lagos simply because all the pilots have left.
I hope this may lead you towards taking the right desicions,away from overland.

regards,

SKYGOD

AVSEC
23rd Apr 2007, 18:44
Captain Edward Boyo the MD of both overland and landover is a man of integrity and visionary.
I met him during the allied aviation seminar held in Ethiopia,and have followed his career ever since.
I hope he succeeds at his plans,as what Africa requires,are PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS with affordable infrastructure which he appears to be trying to put in place.

merlinxx
24th Apr 2007, 07:49
Thank you, well said, Ed is a gentleman of the first order, I have been associated with him since his days with the EAS Hawker op.

Rani
24th Apr 2007, 09:45
Can anyone confirm that Overland's ATR is AOG in LOS?
Also, that only 1 Beechcraft is presently in operation? It's a shame to see Capt. Boyo struggling with his dream operation. It all boils down to lack of capital to sustain the initial losses. I would not be surprised to see Arik Air enter the thinner markets (Ibadan, Ilorin, Bauchi, Akure, Katsina, etc) in the not too distant future, especially given their CRJ-200s due for delivery in 3 weeks.

AVSEC
28th Apr 2007, 00:52
Overland/landover operations is not the only African Aviation company facing difficulties RANI.
Bellview,GIA,and other airlines within Africa are facing these problems.
I hope they all succeed despite any problems they face at the moment.