PDA

View Full Version : Ex-pilot looking for work...

JimLyn
20th May 2001, 21:49
Hi...

I'm intelligent, experienced, medically retired, aged 52, can't pass the pilot medical (one eye is just below standard) but in generally excellent health.

13,000 hours, held an ALTP, flew Islanders, Twotters, Dash-8s, held Secretary position of Association for 8 years, so have some admin experience.

Completed Programmer/Systems Analysis Diploma program, and am currently self-employed as a webmaster/web designer.

Desperately looking for useful work back in aviation, willing and able to relocate to the UK. Willing to take on Operations and/or admin functions, to start at the bottom again, and to learn whatever is required. Also interested in accident investigation and technical matters.

Able to work in the UK - no further documentation required. Willing to do telephone interview or attend in person.

So if you come across anything an experienced ex-pilot has the skills for - in or out of aviation - your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Skills:
Administration (Secty of LIALPA for 8 years)
Technical (Founded Assn Tech & Safety Committee)
Internet (Currently webmaster/web designer and computer consultant)
Text & Graphics (Created airline PLOGs, speed cards, airfield manuals, 16-page newsletter)
Office skills (Office suite, database software, list too long)
Travel (as a former airline pilot... are you kidding?)
Willing to start at the bottom, willing to learn, take courses.
Likeable, team and/or solo player, workaholic ready for creativity, authority, responsibility.
Much, much more.

Resume in text or Word 2.0 format available on request.

Thanks in advance...

Jim Lynch
[email protected]

JimLyn
23rd May 2001, 04:25
In case anyone wonders idly if I am sitting on my hands waiting for someone to serve me with a silver spoon, I thought I would launch a pre-emptive strike by listing SOME of those I have already sent faxes or emails, all with resumes included.
Some of these were specifically recommended, the rest were gleaned from this Forum, Flight magazine and other sources.

The list is partially from email addresses (no time to look up the translations, I just put the partial domain name) so you would just have to take my word for such that it is a real destination.

Here we go:

AirTours
Ansett UK
British Midland
British Regional
Brymon
CityFlyer Express
British Mediterranean
GB Airways
KLM UK
JMC Airlines
Resource Aviation Management
OCS Consulting (not aviation)
Schreiner Airways
UK-RAM (Resource Aviation Management)
Storm Aviation
DirCon
Titan Travel
MSXI-Euro
Atlas Air
Bladen Taylor
EAAC
Air Partner
Chapman Freeborn
Servisair
NavTech
JEG Consulting
Ansett Spares UK
Kelly Services
JMC Airlines
British World
Sirocco Aerospace
The Marlborough Partnership
Contractair
British Microlight Aircraft Association
Sirocco Aerospace
RyanAir
European Aviation Support Ltd
Wessex Aerospace
Aviation Services
IAC Group
Bristow
CAP Recruiting
SERCO
LUAP
AceTech
Air Group
ACNS (German-UK)
PARC Group
Wynn
Mach 3000 (France)
Jet Personnel
AvMax Group
Strongfield
BAC Leasing
BAE Systems
AVOUNA
British Airways
LH Consulting
Connor Clark
Unique Personnel
Mastech
CDI
MultiFlight
BAF

So thanks again to all those many who helped... something has to come through eventually!

Jim Lynch
[email protected]

Minosavy Masta
24th May 2001, 06:40
Good Onya Jim,

You must be feeling that hot brick in the pit of the stomach feeling you get when you know its not your fault....but no one extends that vital "Helping Hand "

Good Luck to you and I hope something comes along real soon !!

JJflyer
29th May 2001, 15:34
Have you considered getting a US FAA licence. I know that their eyesight requirments are not as strict as JAA. Also US licence is generally well accepted in Arab countries.

Check www.atlanta.is (http://www.atlanta.is) they might have something for you as well as www.climbto350.com (http://www.climbto350.com)

Hope you all the best.

JJ