PDA

View Full Version : Captain Paul Moloney RAF (Ret'd)

Bob DSB
19th Apr 2007, 17:15
It is with great sadness that I confirm the death of Captain Paul Moloney. Paul collapsed and died after finishing a training session in the simulator in Amsterdam. Paul leaves a widow and two fine boys, and hundreds of friends who he made in his brutally short 47 years.

Paul’s RAF career encompassed the Chinook with 18 Sqn, the Canberra with 100 Sqn and the 125 with 32(The Royal) Squadron. He also spent time as a Forward Air Controller in the First Gulf War while based at Guterslöh.

He left the RAF to take on a number of roles in the civilian world, including spells with FalconJet and a private Irish operator, and also with DebonAir on the 146. But it was in his time with EasyJet that Paul made his mark. As a TRE on the A319 and BALPA rep, Paul quite literally spent every waking moment improving the careers and prospects of hundreds of Easy pilots.

In his very last days, Paul was working with BALPA and the CAA on the future of flight time limitations and fatigue, something that will affect us all in the years to come.

We are expecting many of his friends to join us to mourn his passing. In the event that anyone wishes to pay their own respects, the following arrangements have been made for the funeral:

Wednesday 25th April at 2:30 pm

St Mary Of Bethany Church
Mount Hermon Road
Woking , Surrey, GU22 7UH

Beth invites those who wish to wear uniforms, Paul would have approved.

No flowers please, donations are suggested to the RAF Benevolent Fund or the British Heart Foundation.

Please copy these details to anyone you consider may wish to join us.

Any queries please PM me.

Capt Bob de Savigny-Bower
Airbus LHR BA

L1011GE
19th Apr 2007, 20:44
47 thats to young, certainly brings it home Im 46 next month..!!

LFFC
19th Apr 2007, 21:48
How tragically sad! Paul was a great guy with whom I've shared many happy times. My heart goes out to Beth and the family.

Many condolences to all family and friends.

jumpseater
19th Apr 2007, 22:01
I can remember dealing with Paul many times at easyJet. He frequently identified issues that needed addressing and wasn't afraid to comment on them, importantly though, constructively. He usually did it with humour too, you could usually garauntee a smirk or a snigger reading his postings on the company intranet, and I will remember fondly the many many times speaking to him on the phone and occaisionally in person too.

My thoughts go to his family and friends at this difficult time.
RIP

PM-P

Liam Gallagher
19th Apr 2007, 23:28
Much too young; with much left to offer.......

From many miles away, my thoughts are with his family and a glass (or two... three...) of the finest will be raised...

So sad

spectre150
20th Apr 2007, 07:31
Very sad news indeed. I shared a house with Paul in the back end of beyond the Fens when we were on Canberras together at Marham in 1981. Lost touch with him many years ago so this came as a shock. Condolences to Beth and all who are touched by this news.

Fly3
20th Apr 2007, 12:38
Having served with Paul on 32 I am deeply saddened by the news of his death. My sincere condolences go out to his family.

Bob DSB
22nd Apr 2007, 13:45
Funeral Wednesday. Please come along and say goodbye to one of the good guys.:sad:

Snakecharmer
22nd Apr 2007, 15:30
Only met him once but he generously offered to spend the time to give me some honest advice on 'going Orange' from all perspectives... quite clearly one of the good guys.

Excommunicator
24th Apr 2007, 16:34
One last bid prior to tomorrow's funeral.

RIP Paul. Our thoughts to Beth and the boys.