PDA

View Full Version : QATAR deckcrew

jumpdrive
19th Apr 2007, 13:51
is QATAR recruiting pilots now, someone told me that they lowered the min, qual., but theres no job posted on the web page, also told me that they're now paying the f/o arround $9,OOO???
any info thank's'

loc22550
19th Apr 2007, 14:06
The figure you mention is more or less correct for a new joiner , but this is ALL inclusive(flight allowance,house allowance...).
From those 9000U$ ,you can already substract EASILY 4000 U$ for the rent of your villa today in Doha....
Donīt forget if you come here better you try to save some money, Because its not the company that will take care of your pension.
So my wise Advice: DON'T be TOO impressed by the salary...:hmm:

jumpdrive
19th Apr 2007, 14:45
wow thats a lot for a house
the most ive paid its $1100 in asia, & it was a 3 level house
another thing, do they provide transport when flying?
is it tax free the salary?
thanks

loc22550
19th Apr 2007, 17:18
Eh..my friend..what do you think, you are in Qatar here...the pearl of the gulf please,the "Cote dīAzur..""of the middle east...!!:suspect: thatīs why the rent is so high....:ugh: :ugh: :suspect:

lucky itīs a tax free salary...yes indeed..!
But instead of Tax here,you have huge inflation, so basicily every year you give more and more money to the state of qatar,without any return.
So at the end of the day, still donīt known what is better,either paying tax but having some return(like in Europe for example),or having what they call here a "tax free" salary .....

Transport for crew...only for cabin crew, not for cockpit crew!Maybe when they will move to the new airport.....
(and not even a decent parking for us to come to work...).
cheers.

samuelcam
19th Apr 2007, 20:33
QR had deck crew job posting until last week with an application deadline of mid May.One bright morning they took it off the screen without any notice.
They are unpredictable !
To me ,this is not an indication of a good company.
Cheers