PDA

View Full Version : The future of Jetstar International

pondoklabu
19th Apr 2007, 06:07
Quite a while ago I shared on this forum my simplistic interpretation of Jetstar and their potential, regarding future route structure and profitability.
In regards to their route structure, they have been very predictable and quite conservative.
As far as profitability goes, well I’m 99% sure they are making a operating loss on all sectors but finding true figures with what is happening in regards to all of Qantas’s operations is very hard at present.
There are so many stacks of cards being held so very close it’s hard to see anything, but I will attempt to share the latest with you.
Like I have already mentioned Jetstar International are losing money on all routes, this of coarse is not worrying QANTAS they are looking at the long-term picture. Which includes Jetstar being sold down to a 51% holding but with APA remaining majority stakeholder.
Jetstars fleet on the other hand will surprise some but not all I feel.
Over a breakfast meeting yesterday with some regulatory gentlemen they confirmed my companies suspicion Jetstar might yet not operate the 787.
Our best estimate is all of the Qantas's A330's will go to Jetstar, for the main reason Jetstar haven’t got the man power or ability to take on a new type in the present climate. Also by having only A320 and A330 the crews can be crossed qualified which will help with their training bottlenecks and shortage of crew.
If you are a QANTAS pilot and you think this is good news, don’t be too sure, you may not be getting the 787 either.
At this stage the 787 is a very valuable asset with a shortage of frames world wide, so don’t be surprised to see them all leased out to the highest bidder and QANTAS stuck flying old equipment to cover their current route structure.
All of this is very subjective of coarse and with the industry in a constant state of flux it may have all changed by the time I finish typing this but my employer and subsequently myself are both very confident Jetstar will be sold off and they wont be getting the 787. They will remain to grow and be a fairly big player in the region but not necessarily with Qantas by their side, it may turn out to be someone with a distinct Asian flavor who is also heavily into Airbuses

Cheers

Condition lever
19th Apr 2007, 07:18
Pondoklabu,

Having just read a couple of your previous posts, and I quote:

"I am assuming by this thread this relates to Jet* pilots flying QANTAS 's A330's. I think cross qual may be the least of your reg hurdles.
Looking at the present flying the A330 does for QANTAS it would have to be a min 180 ETOPS this qual is not quickly attained by the crew or maintenence program, unless of coarse jet star are going to use Qantas's checking and training , QANTAS AOC as well as there maintence program .
If not because Jet* have there own AOC they must start from scratch on proving flights and all the other regulator hurdles.
Its not a quick process.
So to any Jet* pilot buying A330 books it may pay to be patient.
cheers"

guess you weren't right about that either!

Cheers

pondoklabu
19th Apr 2007, 07:22
NO C/L I wasnt right about that, and I may be wrong about this as well, I am a just letting you know what people are saying up here at this point in time, tomorrow everything could change, but I am quietly confident this will be the rough road Jetstar will follow
cheers

Condition lever
19th Apr 2007, 07:25
Fair enough.
Do you have an anticipated buyer?

White Pointer
19th Apr 2007, 08:37
From a friend high up on the finance industry tree, his uneducated bet is that QF assets will be sold off under APA ownership, including all aircraft, and crews will therefore be employed by leasing companies that own the assets which are wet leased by QF.

The grand plan under management is to have QF with no debt, no assets, just a management service running a virtual airline. Wet leasing, assets and crews included, will become the next great fashion in this industry. For all QF and Jetstar crew, the prospect of employment contracts with somebody other that QF within the next 5 years is a very high possibility.

stubby jumbo
19th Apr 2007, 10:20
........................I was feeling priddy good today until I sat down:

and watched the news and hearing that there is only 4 months of water left in the Murray River.
.....read the above posts!!!!:{ :{

Quick, chuck me a VB:p

podbreak
19th Apr 2007, 14:21
For all QF and Jetstar crew, the prospect of employment contracts with somebody other that QF within the next 5 years is a very high possibility.

After doing my research, I found there are some extremely lucrative contracts going around....

Its all good. If QF is still the way it is now, beauty, if not, oh well - plenty of other jobs going...

lowerlobe
19th Apr 2007, 21:07
Stubby...As well look at who is buying water rights along our river systems......M... bank?

pilot28
20th Apr 2007, 19:47
what is going with the jet star???

is that the same jet star from dallas that flies the Dc 10 Cargo???

thanks guys.

by the chance anyone knows how much money are people paying for f/o in middles east like emirates ???

thank you

Howard Hughes
21st Apr 2007, 00:41
From a friend high up on the finance industry tree, his uneducated bet is that QF assets will be sold off under APA ownership, including all aircraft, and crews will therefore be employed by leasing companies that own the assets which are wet leased by QF.
I would suggest that the vehicle (company) for wet leasing has already been set up!;)

ratpoison
21st Apr 2007, 22:26
is that the same jet star from dallas that flies the Dc 10 Cargo???

thanks guys.

by the chance anyone knows how much money are people paying for f/o in middles east like emirates ???

thank you
I say what !!!!!:confused: