PDA

View Full Version : AO-Australian Airlines

Sonique
19th Apr 2007, 05:47
Apparently John Borgetti in town today having talks with management.

Can anyone confirm ?

flitegirl
19th Apr 2007, 05:50
Haven't heard but considering that the rumour mill has been faster than a cyclone lately (excuse the FNQ punn) it could very well be true.

Also, just wondering why the other Australian Airlines thread was closed.... we're not over yet!!:\

Trollywally
19th Apr 2007, 09:00
JB definately in town today , and with management... reason for visit unknown

AOskippy
19th Apr 2007, 09:09
Hopefully JB is in town for obvious reasons. Can't wait to hear the news, be it good or bad. Just don't want this waiting game last any longer.

QF skywalker
19th Apr 2007, 09:27
Just heard that there will be announcement on AO tomorrow ( FRI 20th April 2007 )

Fingers crossed guys :uhoh:

Also, it is totally RIDICULOUS that the other AO thread was closed, the two contributors to the thread which forced it closed are not even Australian Airlines crew - FAIR GO tightslot !

RaverFlaver
19th Apr 2007, 09:36
I hope you are right QFskywalker......it's about time they said something.

I'll be at the newsagent bright an early to get a copy of the Cairns Post so I can get the latest! :}

RaverFlaver :O

flitegirl
19th Apr 2007, 10:18
Skywalker.... couldn't agree more. I didn't get to see the posts that you're referring to but that penultimate one from qfmike737..... WHAT THE!!!

also heard the same, JB and NK were in Cairns today and there will be an announcement tomorrow (fri) aparrently positive. Well.....positive for who? I would rather hang up my wings than work for JQI. Lets hope the announcement means we can keep our current corporate wardrobe.

flitegirl
19th Apr 2007, 11:32
and I don't think it will be as simple as announcing two new lines of flying. The EGM of Qantas wouldn't meet in Cairns with AO management if it was that simple. If these rumours are true it will be something with significantly more upheaval.

TightSlot
19th Apr 2007, 11:36
Also, it is totally RIDICULOUS that the other AO thread was closed, the two contributors to the thread which forced it closed are not even Australian Airlines crew - FAIR GO tightslot

You have an AO thread current - you're reading it now! You also have something to talk about, so why not carry on with what matters and ignore what doesn't.

flitegirl
19th Apr 2007, 11:38
I think we were simply wondering why ther other one was closed. It was going along quite well, and wasn't over-sized.

QF skywalker
19th Apr 2007, 22:06
We have given EVERYTHING to this airline....

And for that, we are rewarded with a slap in the face.

I knew Qantas treated their staff with disrespect, but I never thought that they would go this far by considering the closure of the base.

Years of childhood dreams of a lifelong career with Qantas -ruined.

lowerlobe
19th Apr 2007, 22:07
This is not good news if the report is accurate.The cloak or should I say veil is being removed from the grand plan surrounding the takeover bid.

Zeus Ex Machina
19th Apr 2007, 23:23
Work for these total arseholes at your own peril.
This current management would be, without a doubt, the most contemptible assemblage of disgusting dysfunctional corporate swine in the current business landscape...and this is just the beginning.
Eighty years of proud history is being destroyed by absolute bastards.
This could only happen on Little Johnnies watch

YONLY
19th Apr 2007, 23:30
I don't have a copy of my EBA with me so can anyone tell me how many weeks pay per year of service a redundancy is? Is it three or four weeks?

lowerlobe
19th Apr 2007, 23:49
I have been with QF for more than 30 years and I can say without a shadow of doubt that they have always been like this.Everytime I go to work I do the best I can for the company ,the pax and the crew.However time and again they have tried to shaft us.

They must advertise for managers with the requirement that they have complete disdain for staff...

This is not personal but that doesn't help much and I know because i have a feeling that L/h is going the same way..

flitegirl
20th Apr 2007, 03:12
Message from the FAAA

------------------------------------------------------------------

20 April 2007

Attention all Australian Airlines Flight Attendants

PRESS SPECULATION REGARDING THE FUTURE OF AUSTRALIAN AIRLINES

The Sydney Morning Herald today is reporting that Qantas is “conducting a review of its international operations in Cairns”.

The FAAA became aware yesterday that John Borghetti - Qantas Executive General Manager and other senior officials were in Cairns yesterday. The FAAA urgently contacted Qantas yesterday to ascertain if decisions or announcements about the AO Cairns base were imminent.

Qantas has responded to the FAAA in the following terms:-

1) Qantas is reviewing its AO operations in Cairns

2) No decisions have been made at this stage

3) Qantas is aware of the heightened concerns of crew about their future

4) Qantas will advise the FAAA before any decisions are made publicly

I wish to confirm to crew that it is our understanding that an imminent closure of the AO Base WILL NOT occur. However, Qantas has stated that it reserves its right to continue to examine the viability of the AO Base.

The FAAA is continuing to argue strongly for the continuation of the AO base and the protection of our members’ job security.

We will advise you of any developments.

Written and authorised by Michael Mijatov – Secretary International Division.

20 Ewan Street Mascot NSW 2020 Tel 61 2 8337 1111 Fax 61 2 8337 1122 Emergency Contact 0414 894 192

Flygrl
20th Apr 2007, 03:37
:{ :\ :uhoh: :*
Each and every one of us has given everything and given up so much for this airline and our jobs from day one.
And what do we get in return; I bloody great big slap in the face.
I’m just waiting for the day when the slap turns into a closed fist punch.
Oh wait we know when that date is, thats the day JQ fly CNS to KIX, NGO and we all know NRT is just a rubber stamp away!
Get ready people, QF Management think they are ‘Rocky’.

YONLY
20th Apr 2007, 06:22
There is less than an hour to go until close of business and nothing to be heard from our industrious leaders! Oh, I did get an e-mail telling me there is an AO Memorial Matchplay Golf Challenge on. 'Memorial' being a very appropriate choice of words considering everything.

According to Chinese whispers management made themselves scarce all day. Forgive me if I am wrong but I remember in a management subject at university that leadership was one of the key elements of good management...? What a joke!

I would like to thank the union though for their quick response even though it looks like they are completely in the dark also.

TightSlot
20th Apr 2007, 07:17
This thread is also running in the D&G Forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90) and may be found HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272644). Several of you have take the trouble to post the same stuff there as here, so I'll close this thread and enable you to continue on the other one.