PDA

View Full Version : Cx Medical and Cholesterol

RedLiner
18th Apr 2007, 00:42
Hi,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on CX's medical as it pertains to having high cholesterol (and otherwise being of sound health). Is it an instant disqualifier or are you given some leeway if kept under check using the usual drugs (lipitor etc.).

I tried searching for some info. on this forum but was unable to find any specifics. Probably my limited PC skills.:ugh:

Any info. on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

RL.

rjmore
18th Apr 2007, 03:00
If you are thin with high cholesterol then don't sweat it. They won't test you for it as a thin guy. They still believe if you are skinny then you must be healthy. Me, I'm plump and they ran me through the wringer. I have the insides of a runner so it was no problem. There were some thin guys sweating it but they were never asked nor were they tested for it.

If you have a prescription then it might come out, if you tell them that is. That choice is up to you.

RedLiner
18th Apr 2007, 06:24
Interesting. I would have thought that it would be fairly standard for all applicants. Anyway thanks for your reply. Still I would like to know if anyone had any specific numbers just in case.

Regards,

RL.

bobjet
19th Apr 2007, 20:29
I'm new to the forum and I have an interview scheduled for the 24th of April 07 in NY. The medical form: is refractive eye surgery accepted? I sure hope so. :ooh: