PDA

View Full Version : Thomsonfly plane model and seatplan wanted

MickyB
17th Apr 2007, 19:31
I'm having a bit of a disagreement with Thomsonfly about having been sold extra legroom seating for a flight from Gatwick to Goa in december (TOM5077) for £35 each. We ended up in seats 17E and 17F behind the row of seats immediately in front of the dividing wall (those seats had room to stretch your legs and then some).

Without our having to say anything the on-board staff knew the seats weren't extra anything and told us the seating plan at check-in had been misread and we'd get a refund on return. Now customer services is flat out saying no, you got what you paid for. This is quite frustrating as I am convinced £35 of extra legroom would not entail having your knees touch a seat in front of you, not to mention crushed when the person in front reclines... and that customer services is making te same mistake the guy at check-in did.

Anyone know how I could prove this point? Do they sell 'extra legroom' seats which are behind other seats? I'm under the impression that extra legroom seats would either be emergency exit or immediately behind a partition or similar. The only way I can imagine I'm in the wrong here is if they actually sell seats with an inch or two more as 'extra' (for a rip-off price) and the staff on board fibbed so we wouldn't complain there and then.

The letters are so patronising and lack any explanaton as to why they believe they are right it makes me care more about getting to the bottom of this misunderstanding than getting the refund! :confused: Where can I find out the plane's details, seating plan etc and/or get some unbiased info on layout?

Many thanks in advance,
Mike

Newforest
17th Apr 2007, 20:36
Could try this site!

http://www.uk-air.net/seatplan.htm

MickyB
17th Apr 2007, 21:33
Thanks Newforest! I see there is only one possible plane option with a configuration which would make a row 17 seat 'extra legroom'. Now to find out which plane flew on the night, any ideas?

Mike

Newforest
17th Apr 2007, 21:48
Sorry, out of my province, done my best for you!