PDA

View Full Version : MBK Aviation

pissedoffpilotek
17th Apr 2007, 08:12
Has anyone heard of a company called MBKaviation? I found it on the internet but never heard about them...apparently they talk about commuting rosters and bases. Any info greatly appreciated.
Time to get out of here:ugh:

Desert_Storm
17th Apr 2007, 09:06
Is that a Middle East company or somewhere else?
Haven't heard about it either.:sad:

fatigueflyer
19th Apr 2007, 10:32
Checked out the website and looks ok mainly as they are offering commuting contracts and a chance to go home for many of us. I have sent my CV as I have nothing to lose. Zero % loyalty to my current employer based in Dubai and only looking for a better life for my family and I. Dubai is all about making money for the rulers and very little concern for the people who have given up a lot to go and work there. Dangling a piss poor $ carrot every April in front of the troops is way past my "insult to intelligence" stage. Been here over 8 years and same old sh1t, different promises! Sorry, this thread was not about the obvious state of the airline in Dubai and I sincerely apologise. As for mbkAviation, they seem to be offering what I have not seen at other placement agencies. In short, GO FOR IT! And good luck!! :ok:

fatigueflyer
22nd Apr 2007, 11:52
Try mbkAviation.com and good luck!

daidalos
22nd Apr 2007, 13:49
Strange photo, though.
Captain's hat with three stripes?

ernestkgann
23rd Apr 2007, 11:08
Any details on this mob? What contracts they service, who runs the company and where? Anyone found work with them?

I hope they they are very successful because if they offer a quality product they will get plenty of applicants.

ekpilot
23rd Apr 2007, 11:10
Dubai is all about making money for the rulers and very little concern for the people who have given up a lot to go and work there.
Thankfully, somebody has a firm grasp of the big picture.

bear11
23rd Apr 2007, 17:12
Are you seriously telling me you'll e mail your CV or documents to someone with 1 page for a website, no address, no names, no information whatsoever? If I posted on this site mentioning www.gullible.com (tm), and put up 1 page on it asking for your credit card details, would you give them? There's enough dodgy agencies out there, and until this crowd put up a proper site with details and bona fides you'd be mad to give them any information.

mutt
23rd Apr 2007, 17:30
Very good point Bear11.... I remember Neil Robertson did the same thing !

Mutt

fatigueflyer
23rd Apr 2007, 23:06
Dear Bear,
Thanks for your inputs with regards to dodgy agencies. As mentioned before, I did forward my CV and have had a response already. They are looking at current type rated drivers mainly for the A330, A340 and B777 (no surprises there!) for commuting contracts only! I believe they do not as as an agency, therefore do not employ pilots on a contract but rather source pilots for client airline companies. Not sure the exact number of days on/off but will forward details as I get more info. I have dealt with a few of the other so called reputable agencies in the past and they are very quick to get you to sign an exclusive agreement with them though their contracts are nowhere near the best deal. Also, as far as I know, mbkAviation is headed up by an ex-aerospace engineer and retired pilots with a lot of airline & type experience. If anyone decides to apply, I understand Bear's concerns but my motivation to relocate my family from Dubai far outweighs thoughts of unscrupulous agents out there. Besides, with the current shortage of pilots and considering changes of family and personal circumstances, it's worth a look at. PS....so far they have not asked for my credit card details or signing of any exclusive agreement. Good Luck! :)

bear11
24th Apr 2007, 09:25
fatigueflyer, I'm not questioning your on bona fides - I'm sure you're having enough fun in the pit as it stands. I do question any company that puts up a 1-pager with zero information and "commuting roster (tm)". The one thing you can check is if they have a trademark, and if you search on the US Patent and Trademark Office's website using Tess (Trademark Electronic Search System) - guess what, it doesn't exist. If you do a Google seach for MBK Aviation, the only hit you will get is this thread.

Anyone (and I mean anyone, try the African forum) can set up a web page, collect CVs, and hawk them around to airlines, and there's a lot of airlines who need A330/340 and B777 drivers - you could do it yourself, it's easy to get a list of the operators. Do NOT sign any "exclusive" agreement with any agency, I doubt they're legal anyway. The way airlines work (ask anyone who has applied for Vietnam), if an airline deals with more than one agency they will take a pilot from the agency who gives his details first, and if there's a dispute, they will want a letter from the pilot stating clearly which is his preferred agency.

fatigueflyer
25th Apr 2007, 00:55
Thanks Bear for the info. So far they have not given me any reason to doubt their credibility so watch this space as I will forward any further comms with them. I understand they are negotiating with airlines and the type rated drivers I mentioned was only made available to me as I have both Airbus and Boeing experience. If I contacted them with only a B737 type rating, I am sure they would have mentioned any client airlines requiring that particular type. My opinion only but I believe that the current pilot shortages will see commuting contracts on offer in the near future so I am hoping to be in the initial group offered. I am told that since this thread by pissedoffpilotek, several guys (and possibly girls) have forwarded their CVs. :ok:

pissedoffpilotek
1st May 2007, 14:57
I got an email back from them. As for the one page web site the full one is under reconstruction... At the moment they are negociating contracts with far eastern and middle eastern carriers. They are trying to get a commuting package together which looks very promising. One has nothing to loose by submitting a cv. it costs nothing and if something comes of it great. If it doesn't then nothing lost.:ok: