View Full Version : B747 sim prep

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
16th Apr 2007, 20:00
Hi guys,

I would really appreciate some help with the following. I would like to do a couple of hours in a 747 sim as preparation for the CX second interview.

Can someone give me the details for a sim in

1) EDDF
2) Anywhere else...

Also I would really appreciate some details regarding the sim ride itself

And last but not least, if someone would be intrerested in sharing a sim, please let me know. I need to do it before june this year..

All help and or info welcome,

Gravox
16th Apr 2007, 22:06
Qantas hire out their sim in Sydney for sim prep, but with a name like yours I don't think you're from down this neck of the woods.

The sim profile will be sent out to you from Cathay and apparently is different for DEFO DESO.

The sim is a must do if you are serious about a job. When I did my sim prep i did it by myself as I couldn't find a partner. The instructor jumped in the empty seat and did all the Pilot Non Flying roles.

Good luck

max_motoring
17th Apr 2007, 09:51
Hi Sgnr de L'Atlantique,

I am very pleased to hear from you, by the way congratulations for passing your first interview with CX!
I am exactly in the same stage as you, just need a mate to share a B747 Sim. Seems like you are the right one. I have made some research and I found a B747 400 sim without motion in UK. If you are interested please do contact me, I am planning to go at mid of may. Take care!
Cheers,

max motoring

blue_side_up
17th Apr 2007, 14:46
Looking for a B747-200 sim near FRA? Lufthansa have one at thier training centre. Have no idea what it would cost to rent, but I do know it's only working about 12hrs a day at the moment.

act700
17th Apr 2007, 15:30
I thought the sim ride was in a -200?

Along4TheRide
21st Apr 2007, 03:23
Some are on the 200, some 400. Luck of the draw.

swish266
20th May 2007, 04:33
I understand that for rapid command its definitely the classic 747 sim.