PDA

View Full Version : Aerocare (Bethlehem)

rziola
16th Apr 2007, 12:05
Afternoon Chaps,

Has anyone got any comments in respect to Aerocare? In particular to PPL and CPL training.

Richard

Deskjocky
16th Apr 2007, 14:15
Only seen their advert in SA Flyer. They operate a Samba. If you are keen on that type of aircraft you can also have a chat to Aeronav at FALA- very good rates to go with a very professional crowd.

SIC
18th Apr 2007, 12:01
Very well written - almost as if it was done by an advertising agency :hmm: :hmm: :rolleyes:

Peig
8th May 2008, 08:58
Well what can I say SIC, but that you are 100% correct. Just look at the name of the person who wrote that piece (Crause) and then look on the webpage for the owner's name. Luckily the world isn't as full fof fools as some people would like, eh?
I can tell you right now that Crause didn't learn to fly at Aerocare. The school opened one year ago and this guy has flown 747s and has thousands of hours - how is this possible? The Accommodation at Aerocare is first class not to mention the 3 instructors but that's as far as it goes. They advertise CPL/IR/NR courses but don't do any of them. They have 2 Sambas which are quite nice and one ancient C-172 that has a cruise speed of approx. 95kts, broken stall warning horn, broken suction gauge, the artificial horizon is on the co-pilot's side as is the tachometer, the HI has to be set umpteen times, a T-scan isn't possible with the way the instruments are placed, no ADF, no Transceiver, no beacon in the area - I could go on believe me. So how can one do their CPL/IR or NR here? This place wouldn't be bad for a PPL but I wouldn't try it because runway 11 is theee most dangerous runway on this planet (uphill) - with numerous accidents already - and so that only leaves 29. Groundschool isn't offered here for any course so this means going to another place for this, which in my book doesn't make any sense.
This guy doesn't know what a goldmine he has if he ran the place properly instead of literally winging it. A few good 172s, proper runways, Groundschool and more instructors and this place would be fab. The instructors at this place are second to none I must say but the manager needs to get his ass in gear and quit promising people things on the phone and otherwise that he knows he can't deliver (and should also stop posting untrue entries on this site).

flite101
8th May 2008, 11:48
"A great start to my career – serious flying in a relaxed atmosphere
High-quality aviation and no-nonsense airmanship – – nothing less will do. This is the overall message I took with me when I left Aerocare, Bethlehem, on completion of my private pilot’s license ..."

Wasn't that an article in one of the local aviaiton publications recently? Absoultey positive about that :E

crause
8th May 2008, 15:12
:ok:Aerocare use a Beech Sierra at R1850 per hour including instructor for advanced training The closest IFR facilities to us is however about 100nm from here at our second base (Bloemfontein) and you would have to be prepared to stay over there a couple of days in between at your cost for training there.

Goffel
8th May 2008, 19:51
PEIG.

Very interesting and informative article you posted.
Full of YOUR facts...pity they are only yours and not anyone elses.

I suggest you go and have a look at their paperwork before you try to bullsheeet the rest of the world.

It is spot -on, as is the condition of their aeroplanes and their instructors.

Bethlehem is a great place to fly, the people are friendly and the air clean.

Joggie Prinsloo is a ledgend and a first class instructor.

As for Crauser....ask all the people whose lives were saved by his pilot Stanley and their Senneca.

Goffel.
PS:Crauser...the doctor is banned from coming to Bethlehem.:E

ZS-NCU
11th May 2008, 22:00
Just my 2c worth ....

I have known Joggie Prinsloo for the past 20-30 years and grew up in front of him. He and my father had a Piper Cherokee 6 together in the late 80's, with my father refusing the fly with nobody else except Oom Jogie. I am in aviation today as a result of Oom Joggie.

So as for you PEIG - whoever you are - to hide behind your SIC name just doesn't hack it. Pick up the phone and sort out whatever your problem is be it with a shrink, lifeline or Aerocare.

To run down an organization that's doing a great job in aviation from behind your mommy's skirt is right. Get a life !!!!!!!!!:ouch:

Louis Lausberg

ZS-NCU
11th May 2008, 22:03
you'll also see I don't just post for the sake of posting .... I joined this forum in May 2007 and you where the first person I really wanting to reply to .....

Once again .... GET A LIFE BUD !

Peig
19th May 2008, 10:09
Especially for Ms. Lausberg,

Just as you maintain that I'm hiding behind 'my mother's skirt', I reckon your head is stuck so far up your ass you don't know what's going on around you.

If you had the intelligence to read my posting properly you would have read that I think the instructors at Aerocare are 'second to none'. Can your English skills hack this phrase? It means THE BEST THERE IS!!!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

As for 'running down' the organisation, I did not do this but the 'flight school' that I was unfortunate enough to have wasted time at. I cannot comment on their Air Ambulance as I had nothing to do with this but from what I heard and from things I've read, this service is also second to none (remember what this means?).

I'm glad that you have had a good experience at this school but we were not all as fortunate as you. If you have a chip on your shoulder sort it out with whoever caused it but leave others to voice their justified opinions and more importantly, if your not capable of reading and analysing posts properly, I suggest you take a back seat, eh?

crause
21st May 2008, 19:48
:ouch: Do you know the Irish saying

A true friend stabs you in the front and that ambition is the last refuge of the failure.

You can't be too careful in your choice of enemies...

You thought that we had all the answers, but it was your questions that we had wrong.

I suggest you change your attetude try to be positive with a smile if you can't then fake it if you have to. Then see , for yourself ....;) Life aint that bad as you would want it to be.

How can you be expected to be happy , after all we did was to treat you as if you were a perfectly normal human being.

Peig
22nd May 2008, 13:50
Crause

For your information Crause, this is not an Irish saying - rather a quote from Oscar Wilde. His quote 'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about' should be quite familiar to you too- suits you down to the ground.

'You can't be too careful in your choice of enemies' ..... trying to say something Crause? You may be successful in throwing your weight around and getting away with it but you b******t doesn't wash with me - I've heard enough rubbish out of your mouth. So I suggest you try and bully someone who'll take it.

Don't you worry yourself - I am smiling, now that I'm at a proper flight school - couldn't be happier.

'Fake it if I have to' ???? That was exactly my point all along, Crause, the word 'fake' plays a rather major role in your life and look at where it's got you. I'm not into that, sorry. It's just the perfect word to sum you up and the ****e you try to fill people's head with.

My questions were loud and clear as were your answers (which I have all in file should you doubt anything). The only difference is - questions cannot be full of lies, answers can.

crause
24th May 2008, 14:20
I dont understand why you dint investigate your own questions before you came down here on the SACAA web page . Herewith a copy but then you obviously know this too? As you probably new your own case better than anyone else.

SUBPART 14: NIGHT RATING
Requirements for a night rating
61.14.1(1) An applicant for a night rating must -
(a) hold a valid pilot licence;
(b) submit proof of having have completed the training referred to in sub-regulation
(2) below;
(c) submit proof of having undergone the theoretical examination referred to in
sub-regulation (3) below; and
(d) have successfully undergone the prescribed skills test, referred to in subregulation
(4).
(2) An applicant for a night rating must have completed under the auspices of an approved
Part 141 aviation training organization:
(a) 5 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction and have successfully completed
the appropriate training as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL. 61;
(b) not less than 10 hours of instrument instruction, of which not more than 5 hours
may be accumulated in an approved flight simulation training device (FSTD);
(c) in the case of a night rating on aeroplanes, not less than 5 take-offs and five
landings by night as pilot manipulating the controls of the aircraft whilst under
dual instruction; or
(d) in the case of a night rating on helicopters, not less than 5 circuits with 5
take-offs and five landings by night as pilot manipulating the controls of the
aircraft whilst under dual instruction; and
(e) a dual cross-country flight by night consisting of at least -
(i) in the case of a night rating for aeroplanes a total distance of not less than
150 NM in the course of which full-stop landings at two different aerodromes
away from base are made; or
(ii) in the case of a night rating for helicopters, a total distance of not less than
75 NM in the course of which landings at two different aerodromes away
from base are made.
(3) A maximum of 5 hours instrument time can be credited towards the 10-hour requirement
for a helicopter pilot if the applicant is the holder of an instrument or night
rating on aeroplanes and vice versa.
Application for a night rating
61.14.2 (1) An application for a night rating must be made to the Commissioner in the
appropriate form as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL 61.
(2) The application must be accompanied by -
(a) the skills test report as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL 61;
(b) proof that the applicant meet the requirements of regulation 61.14.1; and
(c) the appropriate fee as prescribed in Part 187.
(3) If the applicant complies with the appropriate requirements, the Commissioner
must issue a night rating in the appropriate form as prescribed in Document SACATS-
FCL 61.
(4) A night rating is valid as long as the pilot licence of the holder of the rating is
valid and the appropriate requirements for the rating are maintained.
Theoretical knowledge examination for a night rating
61.14.3 The applicant for a night rating shall have completed a written examination at
a Part 141 approved aviation training organisation on the theoretical knowledge
requirements referred to in paragraph (a) of sub-regulation 61.14.1(2).
Skills test for a night rating
61.14.4 (1) An applicant for a night rating must have demonstrated to an appropriately
rated Grade I or Grade II flight instructor, the procedures and manoeuvres as
prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL 61, with a degree of competency appropriate
to the privileges granted to the holder of a night rating.
(2) The skills test must be conducted in an aircraft of the applicable category, and
shall include a minimum of 3 take-offs, 3 circuits and 3 landings by night; the instrument
component of the skills test may be conducted by day.
(3) The applicant must have undergone the skills test within the 30 days immediately
preceding the date of application.
Privileges and limitations of a night rating
61.14.5 (1) The holder of a valid night rating may exercise the privileges of his or her
pilot's licence by night.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-regulation (1), the holder of a night rating
must, in the case of single-pilot helicopter operations carried out in terms of Part 127,
meet additional experience requirements as prescribed by that Part.
SUBPART 15: INSTRUMENT RATING
Requirements for an Instrument Rating
61.15.1 (1) An applicant for an instrument rating must -
(a) hold a valid pilot licence issued in terms of Part 61;
(b) hold a valid night rating, unless such rating is an integral part of the pilot
licence;
(c) hold a valid Class 1 medical certificate issued in terms of Part 67;
(d) have successfully completed the appropriate training as prescribed in Document
SA-CATS-FCL 61 at an approved Part 141 aviation training organisation;
(e) have passed the theoretical knowledge examination referred to in regulation
61.15.3;
(f) have undergone the skills test referred to in regulation 61.15.4, in an aircraft appropriate
to the rating; and
(g) hold a valid general certificate of proficiency in radiotelephony (aeronautical).
(2) An applicant for an instrument rating must have completed at least 50 hours crosscountry
flight time as pilot-in-command of an aeroplane, helicopter, powered-lift
aircraft or airship, of which at least 10 hours must have been in the category of aircraft
for which the instrument rating is sought.
(3) The applicant must have completed 40 hours instrument flight training under
instruction of which 20 hours may be in an approved flight simulation training device
(FSTD).
(4) In the case of instrument rating for a multi-engine aircraft, at least 5 hours
instrument flight training referred to in sub-regulation (3) shall be conducted on the
type of aircraft to be used for the skills test and shall be additional to the initial multiengine
class rating training.
(5) In the case of an application for an instrument rating in a category of aircraft other
than that for which a valid instrument rating is already held, the applicant must have
undergone, in addition to the requirements of regulations 61.15.2, at least another
5 hours of instrument flight instruction in the new category of aircraft prior to the
skills test, provided that 3 of the 5 hours may be conducted in an approved FSTD.
(6) An aircraft, used for the purpose of acquiring instrument flight time with an
instructor or in a skills test, must be equipped for IFR flight and be fitted with fully
functioning dual controls.
Application for an Instrument Rating
61.15.2 (1) An application for an instrument rating must be made to the Commissioner
in the appropriate form as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL 61, and
must be accompanied by the appropriate fee as prescribed in Part 187.
(2) If the applicant complies with all the prescribed requirements, the Commissioner
must issue an instrument rating in the form prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL
Theoretical Knowledge Examination for an Instrument Rating
61.15.3 (1) An applicant for an instrument rating must have passed the appropriate
written examination as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL 61, provided that the
holder of a valid instrument rating applying for an instrument rating in a different
category must not be required to write the examination again.
(2) The Commissioner may, in terms of Part 11, exempt an applicant who is a South
African Air Force pilot from examination subjects except Air Law and Procedures,
provided that the applicant holds a valid South African Air Force instrument rating,
which has not lapsed for more than 12 months preceding the date of application.
Skills test for an Instrument Rating
61.15.4 (1) An applicant for an instrument rating must demonstrate to a Designated
Flight Examiner (DFE), in a suitable aircraft in the category for which the particular
instrument rating is sought, the ability to perform the procedures and manoeuvres
pre-scribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL 61, with a degree of competency
appropriate to the privileges granted to the holder of the instrument rating.
(2) For the applicant seeking an instrument rating in a multi-engine aircraft, the skills
test must be conducted in the appropriate class of aircraft.
(3) Where an applicant has successfully completed the skills test in a multi-engine
aircraft, he or she shall be deemed to meet the skills test requirements for a
single-engine aircraft of the same category.
(4) The applicant must undergo the skills test within 36 months of passing the
theoretical knowledge examination and within 30 days of the last period of dual instruction.
Privileges and Limitations of an Instrument Rating
61.15.5 (1) The holder of a valid instrument rating may -
(a) act, within the limitations of his or her pilot licence and particular instrument
rating, as pilot of an aircraft in compliance with IFR and under IMC, by day or
by night; and
(b) carry out approaches and landings under IMC with the aid of approved approach
aids and procedures.
(2) Whenever the examiner or another pilot functions as a flight crew member during
an initial instrument rating skills test, the privileges of the instrument rating shall be
restricted to multi-pilot operations only.
(3) The limitation in sub-regulation (2) may not apply to a holder who has been tested
in a single-pilot aircraft without any assistance from the examiner or another pilot.
Period of Validity of an Instrument Rating
61.15.6 An Instrument Rating issued is valid for a period of 12 months provided that
maintenance of competency for the associated licence in terms of these Regulations is
complied with.
Revalidation of an Instrument Rating
61.15.7 (1) An instrument rating shall be valid for a period of 12 months calculated
(a) the date of issue or reissue; or
(b) the beginning of the month following the date of -
(i) expiry of the rating if such rating is revalidated within 90 days immediately
prior to the date of expiry; or
(ii) revalidation of such rating if revalidated prior to the period referred to in
sub-paragraph (i).
(2) To revalidate an instrument rating -
(a) if the validation period has not lapsed or has lapsed for a period not exceeding
24 months, the applicant must pass a proficiency check with a designated flight
examiner, as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL 61, in an aircraft
appropriate to the particular instrument rating being revalidated;
(b) if the validity of the instrument rating has lapsed for more than 24 months the
applicant must -
(i) re-write the Air Law and Procedures theoretical knowledge examinations
as listed in Document SA CATS FCL 61;
(ii) acquire, in an aircraft appropriate to the particular instrument
rating, or flight simulation training device (FSTD), at least 10
hours instrument time, including at least 5 instrument approach
procedures and a missed approach; and
(iii) within 90 days of having acquired the instrument time, pass a
proficiency check with a designated flight examiner, as
prescribed in Document SA CATS-FCL 61, in an aircraft or
FSTD of the category appropriate to the particular instrument
rating being revalidated.
(3) Where a pilot holds an instrument rating in more than one category of aircraft, revalidation
must be alternated annually in respect of each category.
(4) Where a pilot holds an instrument rating in a particular category of aircraft for
both single-engine and multi-engine aircraft, the revalidation of these ratings may be
carried out alternately in a single-engine aircraft and a multi-engine aircraft of the
particular category or in an approved flight simulation training device. However, in
the case of a pilot not revalidating the single-pilot instrument rating every alternate
year in a single-pilot aircraft, the single-pilot rating would become invalid.
(5) When the holder of an instrument rating passes the proficiency check(s) referred
to in sub-regulation (1), the designated flight examiner must -
(a) complete, and submit to the Commissioner, the appropriate form as prescribed
in Document SA-CAT-FCL 61; and
(b) endorse the holder's pilot logbook as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-FCL
(6) Where the holder has failed the revalidation test, the designated flight examiner
must notify the Commissioner immediately in writing and also inform the holder that
the rating has become invalid and that he or she may not exercise the privileges of an
instrument rating.