PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Group airline ‘Jetstar’ takes to the skies from Japan

B A Lert
16th Apr 2007, 10:09
Copied from A Jetstar Press release (all of it is here: http://www.jetstar.com/pdf/news/20070326.pdf)

Qantas Group airline ‘Jetstar’ takes to the skies from Japan

Qantas Group value based international airline Jetstar has launched in Japan, offering a daily service between Japan and Australia, flying direct from Osaka to Brisbane and onto Sydney.

Representing a brand new international route for the Qantas Group, and a new way to affordably travel, Jetstar’s daily service will be initially operated by a fleet of Airbus A330-200 aircraft (303 seat configured), providing two classes of service including StarClass, Jetstar’s business class.

From 2009, the route will be served with the value based carrier’s future fleet of Boeing 787s - also offering two classes of service.

Some more drivel from the work experience kiddies at Jetstar. How many times do these dopes want to revise history? Have they no idea of what Qantas did in the past and have they not the benefit or sense to check with Qantas to see if their drivel is accurate with respect to history?

They really are an appalling outfit. :E :E

airbusthreetwenty
16th Apr 2007, 10:26
http://images.elouai.com/images/icq/yawning.gif:zzz:

stubby jumbo
16th Apr 2007, 11:18
Geeze.... BA Lert, You're on fire!!!

JQ has really got in your craw.

Get back to the MAIN game.

Its QF and the APA bid...............redirect your fury here instead.

Its only early days for JQ!!!

Angle of Attack
16th Apr 2007, 11:51
Regardless of whether it is early days or not, Japan is a decaying market and no low cost carrier is gonna turn it around. Jetstar already have an agreement that all passengers booking from Japan receive meals and blankets etc, included in the price. But I can't see it going too well regardless. I guess they could justify it in that Jet* loses less money on the route but hey, I am not a so - called 20's manager out of Uni that runs the Qantas Group these days.. :ugh:

blow.n.gasket
18th Apr 2007, 23:31
So when is JetStar going to do an IOSA audit in order to comply with IATA codesharing requirements?:ooh:

Bolty McBolt
19th Apr 2007, 04:43
a fleet of Airbus A330-200 aircraft (303 seat configured), providing two classes of service including StarClass
303 pax in a A330-200
Is this for real, if it is its going to be one cramped ride :yuk:

Mud Skipper
19th Apr 2007, 05:09
38J/265Y same config as QF used domestic I believe.

Max certified 375 for the 330-200, now that would be cramped.

Alternatly QF has 297 on the 330-300 international, max cert 440 pax then take it in turns breathing I think.:}

Condition lever
19th Apr 2007, 05:26
Qantas Group airline ‘Jetstar’ takes to the skies from Italy

Qantas Group value based international airline Jetstar has launched in Italy, offering a three times a week service between Italyand Australia, flying to Rome via Bangkok to Melbourneand onto Sydney.

Representing a brand new international route for the Qantas Group, and a new way to affordably travel, Jetstar’s service will be initially operated by a fleet of Airbus A330-200 aircraft (303 seat configured), providing two classes of service including StarClass, Jetstar’s business class.

From 2009, the route will be served with the value based carrier’s future fleet of Boeing 787s - also offering two classes of service

apacau
19th Apr 2007, 06:52
Nice one CL. I wonder how many people you caught on that one?

Condition lever
19th Apr 2007, 06:57
Sorry - forgot Athens as well

lowerlobe
19th Apr 2007, 07:20
Cl...You've missed your calling.You should write horror stories,it's bad enough to and from HNL with Jetscar let alone Rome or Athens!!!!

I could just imagine Jetscar charging extra for a translated PA's...

"I'm sorry sir if you would like a translation in Italian that will be 5 Euro's "

Jet_A_Knight
19th Apr 2007, 07:20
I did that run as a kid and it was actually:

ROME - ATHENS - TEHRAN - BANGKOK - MELBOURNE - SYDNEY.

Come to think of it, I remember the aeroplane breaking down in Tehran, and we were stuck there for 23hrs - and we weren't taken to a hotel either.

Goes to show that that sort of occurrence happened even in the 'legacy' days, and is not a uniquely 'lo-co' matter.

Condition lever
19th Apr 2007, 07:23
Just figured BA Lert needed something else to rant about.
Dissappointed we haven't heard from Pete Conrad though!:oh:

kiwi grey
19th Apr 2007, 08:27
"I did that run as a kid and it was actually:
ROME - ATHENS - TEHRAN - BANGKOK - MELBOURNE - SYDNEY"

Hmm, not always. When I came out from London (ten-pound Pom) in November 1966, I'm sure the V-Jet stopped in Hong Kong, Manila & Darwin. Not certain of the stops before that, but maybe Beirut & New Delhi?

I remember this because my sister threw up all over the steps at Hong Kong, was given sleeping tablet and slept through landing & take-off in Manila & Darwin. I thought that was a bit dodgy at the time.

Jet_A_Knight
19th Apr 2007, 08:37
Kiwi Grey.

V-JET!!!:uhoh:

That is WAY before my time!

P.S The run to Rome was not the Kangaroo route.

kiwi grey
19th Apr 2007, 08:51
Jet_A_Knight, I was only just a teenager at the time.

But the thing I remember was that the V-Jets were so b-i-g!:O

Well, compared to the BOAC Comet 4's I had flown in from London to Colombo anyway - my Dad was UK Naval Attaché in Colombo in the early sixties. I wish I'd kept my "BOAC Junior Logbook", it'd be worth a bit these days.:)