PDA

View Full Version : Pre posting Visit ?

Speedy Brace
15th Apr 2007, 08:01
Noticed last week 30+ techies from lousymouth touring around Swampies homeland for the day using a 146 as personnel transportation.
Has anyone else been afforded the luxury of a pre posting visit at public expence? other than the Rodney types.:=

Pull pin ,drop item, leave the room

30mRad
15th Apr 2007, 08:57
That'll be the ones being posted down as part of this crazy "have all the major engineering done at Marham and shift all bits by road to Lossie" plan. Since they're all being posted at short notice and regardles of whether they've just got to Lossie don't see why we shouldn't ferry them down to sort out housing etc. Let's face it 3* use 32 Sqn for trips when there is scheduled RAF AT going the same way on the same day!

Red Line Entry
15th Apr 2007, 09:41
Quote: "Since they're all being posted at short notice and regardles of whether they've just got to Lossie"

Actually, everyone's being moved under PMA's standard rules of "Longest in Location", which is why the majority of people are going from the sqns, not from AMF itself. I don't think there's anyone moving who's done less than 5 years at Lossie, and lots have done more than 10.

30mRad
15th Apr 2007, 13:10
There are people with minimal time at Lossie being sent down south. Do you think it is unreasonable to use service resources to help them out since so many are being posted at once? If you do then I hope you're not in a position to look after people! We are such a small service now with too few people/equipment to do the jobs we're asked to do so how about we help out people?!

DEL Mode
15th Apr 2007, 15:13
I would check a few point before pulling that pin: -

1. Did the Tonka boys in RAFG do fam visits before they came back (I do not know the answer)?
2. Who are they going to Swampland to work for?
3. Whos aircraft did they fly on?

JagRigger
15th Apr 2007, 15:47
I belive there ARE circumstances under which a claim can be submitted for a pre posting visit.

Believe it was somthing to do with buying a house, or finding suitable schools......... certainly a couple of my guys did this as Colt was closing.

TonkaEngO
15th Apr 2007, 17:15
JagRig' is correct. Can't remember the precise details - any Shineys out there? - but anyone can claim for pre-posting visit expenses, not a new thing, dependent on individual circs etc.

I believe that the ac mentioned at the start of this thread was the BAES shuttle that happened to be free on this particular day for a 4 hour window. At the company's expense they picked up the Lossie guys and did a whistle stop tour of Mrm.

I am not their biggest advocate but .....

serf
15th Apr 2007, 17:41
I am sure that it was all above board and cleared by the CFTA.

insty66
15th Apr 2007, 20:01
1. Did the Tonka boys in RAFG do fam visits before they came back (I do not know the answer)?
2. Who are they going to Swampland to work for?
3. Whos aircraft did they fly on?
1 Not like that.
2 BAEs like the rest of us
3 Not sure but I thought it was RAF
As far as I'm concerned it was a good idea but can only serve to re-enforce Marham stereo types.
It best illustrates the lack of long term thinking applied to the thought given to future service requirements.