PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Flying college for non-singaporeans

Bolubo
13th Apr 2007, 15:41
Hi,

Just browsed to the SFC site, I notice that they now accepting a self-sponsored non-Singaporean candidates :ok: and the entry requirements are stipulated by CAAS, perhaps any one could share any info of what are the entry requirements from CAAS.

According to the website the second training phase is conducted in Jandakot Australia. It makes me wonder, what is the license that will be obtained after the completion of the training? Will it be a CASA or CAAS license?

Thanks & cheers.

thornycactus
13th Apr 2007, 18:36
Are you sure, SFC charges SGD100K. (the price is listed in one of the threads)
If you have the money to burn, I am sure SFC welcomes you!
You have to note two things:
1. CASA licence is not recognised by CAAS (it used to in the past, but that was donkey years ago)(please do not lazy, search through this forum and other websites)
2. You have to sit for both CAAS and approximate UKCAA 14 papers (not UK-JAR FCL papers)(please do not lazy, search through this forum and other websites).

To answer your question, the licence wil be issued by CAAS only.:)

Side Info (search through this forum and other websites):
1. If you have a UKCAA (not UK-JAR FCL ) licence (there still many people holding UKCAA (not UK-JAR FCL) licence), you can convert directly to CAAS licence without any sweat.
2. If you have a Europe-JAR licence, I am afraid that it is not recognised by CAAS.
3. If you have a UK-JAR FCL licence, CAAS may ask you to sit for the entire UKCAA papers.