PDA

View Full Version : Korean Airlines Contracts Info ?

2XL
12th Apr 2007, 21:36
Am looking for latest info on contracts with Korean;

1. Who is doing the hiring ?
2. Who is offering the best renumeration ?
3. Captains commute contracts on B737NG, B777 and B747
4. Qualifications required ?
5. Thoughts on the contracts and the commute component ?

Thanks.

galdian
12th Apr 2007, 22:38
Done to death a month ago.
IAC, Europacific, Rishworth, CCL, GAP (in USA) now Sigmar ad in FI.

On 73 CCL and GAP were about best but not a hell of a lot in it, all have different ways of "interpreting" days off and consecutive days off, some small bonus some not.

All have websites except CCL, email [email protected] (something like that.)
GAP has basic figures/info on their site.
Have fun googling.

SRS
14th Apr 2007, 07:50
Just for the record the contractors have no say in how many days off and just about anything else the contract offers. A standard contract is sent to all the contractors. The differences are in the pay they offer you.(all contractors are paid exactly the same amount by Korean Air), Healthcare plans which vary widely, Insurance plans which again vary widely. Last but not least the service from these contractors vary. I would say to anyone planning to come to Korean Air to start by asking for the bottom line, then see what suits you in benefits and how much you will have to pay for them.

Good Luck.

BigLebowsky
26th Apr 2007, 10:40
Hi all.
I just got an email from CCL with some figures.
Most interesting ones are
Salary $8260
Perdiem $2/4 per hour depending on destination
Days off at home base 9 consecutive per month
A/L 24 days
Sick leave 10 days (what does this mean? Are you allowed 10 days sick without salary deductions, or what???)

Can someone at KAL (UK747) comment on the roster etc? Seems tough to only get 9 days at home...
If there's a different thread/forum with all this info, can someone point me in the right direction coz I can't find it

Cheers /BigL

Capt Chambo
26th Apr 2007, 21:25
Plenty of information here:-

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241631

Matrix737
27th Apr 2007, 08:22
I had a number of dealings with CCL and I have to say that I would not work with them again. One should question as to why they have no public image?

BigLebowsky
27th Apr 2007, 17:27
Tnx guys, I'm still fairly new here, struggle to find what I'm looking for.
CCL seems to be the agency they are using most. What cinda problems have you had?