PDA

View Full Version : Flying In India

canadian_skies
12th Apr 2007, 18:53
Hey everyone,

I know that there are already a lot of posts regarding India, but heres another one.
I have just finished my training in Canada and have ended up with a commercial multi IFR.
What are the chances of me getting a job with King Fisher or another carrier with 200 hrs?
Licence conversion?
Visa requirements etc.....???
Any information will be greatly appreciated,
many thanks in advance...
-cheers

PicMas
12th Apr 2007, 20:34
No problem.

Just send them an application, they will probably call you within 2-3 hours and check if you are really serious that you want to work for them.

Then they schedule first class airfare to the headquarters where you will be put in a 5star hotel. The interview is only a half hour chit-chat and then you will have 3-4 days to spend as you like - with a company credit card of course.

You will probably be asked to not reveal to anybody that you are a pilot, as a lot of the competing companies will try to hire you by offering double salary.

or...

What did the post say when you did a search?!?!?

thornycactus
13th Apr 2007, 05:07
I suppose you are not an Indian nationality because you have asked about VISA requirement.

Jobs are reserved for the Indian National only. There are lots of Indian Nationals (ATPL with thousands of hours) hiding in flying clubs and schools scattered in Asia.

First of all, you have to ask yourself, do you think India Air Operator will choose a Canadian who has just finished his CPL?

You'll be murdered if you have been offered a valuable pilot job which is meant to cater for Indian Nationals. :eek:

NGFellow
13th Apr 2007, 12:06
Do you really want to attempt to fly an A-340 or B777 with 200 hrs of total flying time?

blade747
13th Apr 2007, 14:00
May be is just a joke for picmas!! and if it's true please lt me know what company do that in India , for the other hand there is any thing wrong in attempt to fly 777 or 340 or 744 with 200 hrs you can see it here on SIA cadets with less than that flying 777 or 744.:ok:

on_the_right
13th Apr 2007, 14:38
no real difference if you fly a 737NG or a 777 after a basic CPL. but yes, SIA does have an excellent training programme.

Amin
13th Apr 2007, 16:23
Canadian skies,

At the moment to fly as a FO expat for Kingfisher you need to have about 2000 TT + ATPL + 500 hours on Airbus 320. This is for the Airbus 320 FO position, don;t know anything about the ATR position yet.

These minimums will change due to the lack of supply and the demand keep growing in the future.

I suggest you go and flight instruct and get some experience and see what happens within few months.

Good Luck :ok:

mutt
14th Apr 2007, 04:14
FP_ace..... WHY close it??

In the PIA thread you asked:
Any chances up there for Freshly qualified ATPL frozen(200TT) guys ?

Why is this any different? Its the same naive question!

BTW, what is a FROZEN ATPL? Do you think that anyone outside Europe will know? Shouldnt you really say that you have a CPL with the ATPL written exams.

Mutt

amazon04
9th Aug 2013, 13:09
hello ppl,
We are working on a project of digital Vfr charts in India.
This post is just for survey, regarding the pros and cons of digital VFR charts.
So, I would like to know the reviews of Indian pilots who ever flown or flying in Indian airspace using VFR.
Your views can get us more efficient approach towards our aim.

Thank you.

latetonite
9th Aug 2013, 18:05
Canadian Skies,

You "ended up" with a comm/IFR?

Be happy, could have ended up worse..

3greens 1inthemirror
10th Aug 2013, 06:00
what exactly do you wish to know?

captjns
10th Aug 2013, 11:39
Try google earth with a cartographer to overlay a chart with ICAO symbols.

cyrilroy21
10th Aug 2013, 11:46
:ok:

SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts (http://skyvector.com/)

bayblade
11th Aug 2013, 14:07
Thanks Cyril:)