PDA

View Full Version : 2nd interview INFO

LRpilot
12th Apr 2007, 13:14
I'm preparing my 2nd interview (may will be in June),any of you can confirm the "Preparparing for Your..." book topics?I mean,any idea if Mat. test,English test ARE STILL in PROGRESS?
Many thanks in advance!

Subwoofer
12th Apr 2007, 20:54
Generally, it is still current. There is still a math, English, psych test. Many of the technical topics in the book are still used by the interviewers.
Good luck!
_S_

Stuck_in_an_ATR
13th Apr 2007, 07:47
And how about the group excercise?

Gravox
13th Apr 2007, 08:21
"Preparing for you Cathay Interview" book does a good job in listing the type of questions aked. However in my 2nd interview a couple of months back I was asked plenty of questions on Performance. Infact most of the guys were. My belief is that they tailor the q's depending on your experience or type of aircraft (jet vs turbo prop) that you are flying.

You never know what they are going to ask, so cover all areas. Infact I actually had not revised anything on performance, but the questions were operational based, and was therefore able to answer them.
Maths & Psych tests are computer based and are time critical. Maths test is tricky, or was for me, some rumours have it that you only need a score of 1. I think that is probably all that I got too :}

Group Exercise, is all about seeing how you interact with others. There are many different exercises available for the this assesment. There are no tricks with it. Most importantly Be yourself! Don't try and be someone you're not.

English test. If english is your first language then you wont have a problem. They use slang and/or words with several meanings and ask you what how you interpret it. Also listen to people having conversations in different accents,and once again ask if you understand what is being communicated.

Good luck with the Study. I had 5 weeks notice, and spent most of my summer in doors studying, but it's all worth it now :D

LRpilot
13th Apr 2007, 12:52
Thanks guys for the info!!!
I hope to meet you in HK at the beginning of 2008..