PDA

View Full Version : Tour length

blogger
12th Apr 2007, 11:02
See the yanks are going to do 15 month tours in the sand. Bit of a bitch if you were just coming to the end of a 12 month tour and now the goal posts have moved to 15 months.

I'm on my way out of the service after 25 years cutting and running before another 4 month trip to the sand comes about.

What length of tour 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 months would cause you to hand your notice in?

Flame Out
12th Apr 2007, 12:54
Catch 22 springs to mind, Col. Cathcart upping the missions before returning state side.

So nice to be retired.:)

Have a nice day:cool:

dogstar2
12th Apr 2007, 13:47
We previously thought 4 months was a long time. Look carefully around - a number of 6 month tours have crept in with some doing 10 or 12 months!! A lack of people and a requirement to come into line with those around us are pushing up tour lengths. This could, in turn, result in more people leaving, thereby pushing up tour lengths more and more.

Pontius Navigator
12th Apr 2007, 15:03
Met a chap from Al Ueid on Monday. He is on a 4 month tour but got a week home after 2 months. Nice eh! When I did my 6 month sentence we had free blueys but no phone cards and no mid-tour leave.