PDA

View Full Version : IOM Register

themoonsaballoon
12th Apr 2007, 09:47
The Isle of Man launches a new register on the 1st of May M-xxxx, what innovative registrations can you come up with?
My colleague suggests M-UPET!
TMAB

poor southerner
12th Apr 2007, 12:23
for starters
M-ONEY
M-UDDY
M-INGE
M-UPET
M-ICKY

So what will this new register offer. Can I fly some JAA type the Uk Caa dont like or register an odl DC8 for £5 are haul freight all over the union

poor southerner
12th Apr 2007, 13:49
So this is really just for the big boys with a G5 or a few and more tax to save than most of us earn in a life time.

themoonsaballoon
12th Apr 2007, 13:55
PS Yes !
The Isle of Man Government is currently in the process of establishing an aircraft register for high quality private and corporate aircraft. The register will be administered by a dedicated team of professional and supportive staff and we are aiming for the same worldwide reputation as that enjoyed by the Isle of Man Ship Registry.

We are currently drafting the necessary subordinate legislation and primary legislation for the Air Navigation (Isle of Man) Order 2007. It is expected that following the legal process and the completion of all the technical procedures required, we will have an operational aircraft register by spring 2007.

We will be keeping this page updated as we progress. Meanwhile, if there is any further information you require, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Brian E Johnson
Director of Civil Aviation

So your old freighters are not welcome,

How about M-UFFF?
TMAB

LB1985
12th Apr 2007, 16:25
How about M-ORON? :D

max.aret
12th Apr 2007, 17:27
:E:E:E. Good one.

LB1985
12th Apr 2007, 17:44
M-ORON
:E:E:E Good one.
Well, I thought it was particularly apt seeing the number of them in the industry! :}

20driver
12th Apr 2007, 22:25
TMAB
Will the Isle of Man be issuing licences as opposed to validating them? A European authority doing an FAA style IR could do quite a trade.
20driver

727 exec
13th Apr 2007, 16:50
Question regarding the reputable licences...does this mean that I can get a validation for my FAA ATP just like I do with Bermuda/Cayman - assuming, of course, that my shiny BizJet is acceptable to the nice people at the IOM.

Thank you muchly

ps...it's ok Mr IOM...it's not a 727 anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!