PDA

View Full Version : Aerial photography: can anybody help, please?

Gryphon School UK
12th Apr 2007, 09:09
Hello everyone! Totally new to forums, but my husband (PPL(H)) (currently up for renewal but no time to do it due to work commitments) has recommended you all as a helpful bunch. Basically, I'm new in post as PR and events officer at the Gryphon School - a large comprehensive in Sherborne, Dorset, UK - and as part of my remit, have to create the new school brochures and prospectus for next year's students. These range from 11 year olds who live locally and will automatically come to us, but need to know more about the school, to sixth formers who will chose us over similar schools amd local colleges. Obviously, potential job applicants and members of the local community may also see them. I had this thought that an aerial shot of the school would be an impressive thing to have on the cover - I've got a professional photographer coming to take photos, but our school budget does not stretch to hiring a plane. I'd be more than willing to trade a credit in the publications for a digital aerial photo (not neccessarily taken by our photographer) that we could use, so the question is, can anyone help me please? Dorset and Sherborne are lovely areas to fly! I'd be very grateful for any suggestions. Many thanks for reading.

scudpilot
12th Apr 2007, 12:01
Hi There.. and welcome...

Have you looked at the resolution form Google Earth?

It's a free download from Google.. and may be a place to start

tribekey
12th Apr 2007, 14:03
Gryphon School UK- check your private messages