PDA

View Full Version : 25 years ago CXX crew 6 ASI bound

fergineer
12th Apr 2007, 00:42
Wonder if any of my old crew are still at ISK or even still in the RAF. It will be 25 years ago tomorrow 13 April that we departed ISK after many an ale in the Laich Moray in Elgin......tears from the lassies what a wonderful night!!!!! The night stop and take off from ????? was a wonderful memory V1 was how soon after brake release!!!!! The crew as I remember it, age has damaged some of the brain cells and as I had only a few to start with!!!!
Pilots: Alex Aitken and Marcus Harbourne
Navs: Capt Alan Bone and Nige (boggy) Goodenough
AEO: Dave Jenkins
Wet Team: Pip Witts, Al Davies, Pete Biddle
Dry Team: Brendan Carson, Andy davey, Andy (Lusty) Lawson Glen Macey Dave Baker
FE myself Fergi Ferguson
Good memories of the time we had down there and the special flying.
Brendan Carson was last heard of as a nav on 24 Sqn C130's when I was on the sqn as well the rest arer just names from the past but all well remembered. Any one with any details on these guys?

767-300ER
12th Apr 2007, 02:17
Sadly, have to tell you that Alex passed away around December 1999.

Rgds

fergineer
12th Apr 2007, 02:20
Thanks for that 767, I was expecting a few replies like that, sorry to hear about anyones passing but life must go on. Once again thanks for the info.

Chugalug2
12th Apr 2007, 02:44
Fergineer, just in case you haven't come across the RAFA comrade contact site at http://www.raf-comrade-contact.co.uk/ , it is newish so still building a data base, but promises in time to answer all such queries as yours. It also works in reverse, ie you register, leave your details and someone else finds you! Good luck with the search, and with the resulting reunion, in which case just keep the noise down, there's a good chap!

Comp Charlie
12th Apr 2007, 04:58
I had the good fortune to work with the now Sqn Ldr Brendan Carson in Ascension in 2004/5 where he was the COS to the Base Commander.

Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember where he and his wife Sue moved on to.

Very nice couple.

Rgds

CC

ancientaviator62
12th Apr 2007, 07:17
I was on 30 Sqn with Brendan, one of nature's gentlemen.

Not Long Here
12th Apr 2007, 08:08
Unfortunately, Dave Jenkins also passed away a few years ago after a long illness.

Wg Cdr "Boggy" I last saw at Boscombe in 2005.

"Dad" aka Al Davies I believe is still around the ISK Bazaars.

Sounds a lot like the crew who went to Athens on a post Aird Whyte jolly. My sister was at the Embassy at the time and was given the dubious honour of hosting duty.

I warned her:uhoh:

fergineer
12th Apr 2007, 09:59
Yes not long that was us the infamous crew 6. Met by the armed guards outside whilst waiting for the bus to hand all the gizzits back......Took the AOC in C with us, still have the photos of some of the trip bird strike on the searchlight on approach to St Mawgan on the way back. Wont say what happened on the display that we put on or what the AOCinC said to us about it afterwards. Good days.
Pity to hear about Jenks he was my fellow folk singer on the crew.
If you see Al give him my regards.
Is that Wellington NZ that you are now at, if it is thats just down the road from Whakatane which is where I now live. Just down the road Kiwi style!!!!

alculag
12th Apr 2007, 10:07
Ferg drop us a line at [email protected] :O

ASG-TESD
12th Apr 2007, 11:51
Fergi,

Drop me a line to [email protected]

Credibility established through 1 Club opener, Cottar Hoose & Bunch of Grapes.

alculag
12th Apr 2007, 12:57
yes I am still very near kinloss but dont have much to do with the RAF now email address is [email protected]
hope to hear from you

shack
12th Apr 2007, 18:59
You lot are just trying to make me feel old-------I left 120 in 1959!!!

Kidderminster Kid
12th Apr 2007, 20:25
Brendan Carson last seen on 8 Sqn @ Waddo

1771 DELETE
12th Apr 2007, 21:34
Hi Fergi
I may not have been on crew 6 but i did follow on down with crew 4 a bit later, we were still in Peurto Rico at that time, targetting Harpoons for the USN, then rushing home to get AAR qualified.
Both Andy Lawson and Pete Biddle are living down in Newquay - property tycoons.
Fly safe

teeteringhead
13th Apr 2007, 10:04
Wg Cdr "Boggy" I last saw at Boscombe in 2005.
he's still there! (or there again).

PM inbound to Fergineer with contact details.

scroggs
13th Apr 2007, 10:24
Fergie, Marcus is a captain on A340s at Virgin. He's been there since about '95, I think. I was on YUAS at Finningley with him '87-'91, and have flown with him several times since leaving the RAF.

Scroggs

OilCan
13th Apr 2007, 11:03
Fergi

I wasn't part of your crew but I was one of the great unwashed who lived aft of the galley. :)

A few years later I re-mustered as an Eng - first crew - CXX/6. :ok:

On a sadder note, does your log record the Airframe? :oh:

fergineer
14th Apr 2007, 00:06
Hi Oilcan. Yes it sure does.
Kinloss to Gib xv230 3.50 day then same frame to ASI next day 7.45 day.
Hope you put these to good use.
Regards
Fergi

OilCan
14th Apr 2007, 00:18
Fergi,

I knew that thanks.

The sad bit is XV230 is lying in bits near Kandahar. :sad:

Daf Hucker
14th Apr 2007, 11:47
Fergie,

Thanks for cutting the grass while Rick and I were getting a suntan, think we did the same for you when you followed us down! Long time ago now...frightening really! It must have been about that time we were bowling on Ashfield Drive at 3 am:}

Daf

montgomerybone
16th Apr 2007, 22:32
Dear hopeless engineer, you are still alive [email protected] gets me.

The Poison Dwarf
16th Apr 2007, 23:34
When last I heard, Brendan was Ops Officer on ASI and may even have retired there, I'll make enquiries.

Regards

TPD (Ex 42, CXX, MAAU, MSS, etc etc)

The Poison Dwarf
16th Apr 2007, 23:55
Also deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Alex and Dave...didn't know 'til now.

RIP both.

TPD