PDA

View Full Version : Chile: LAN airlines to buy 52 planes for $2.6b

Glonass
11th Apr 2007, 22:34
http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=1093149082
(MENAFN) The President of the Chilean airline company LAN announced that the company has ordered 52 new aircrafts, including 40 Airbus, as part of a $2.6 billion investment plan over the next five years, Gulf Daily News reported.
According to the airlines' president, the new purchases will bring the size of LAN's fleet to 115 planes, 102 of which are for passengers and the rest for freight. He added that the company is planning to float 22 million shares worth $320 million to finance the purchases.
He explained that the company plans to buy four Boeing 777 for freight, as well as 36 Airbus A320, four Airbus A340 and eight Boeing 767-300 for passengers.

Panama Jack
12th Apr 2007, 09:00
I assume that these airplanes will be destributed within the LAN network, to Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, as well as Chile.

Any speculation of whether LAN will be creating more satellite companies, for example, setting up an operation in Central America to compete directly with Grupo TACA and COPA?

Glonass
12th Apr 2007, 12:34
Indeed, it is correct to assume that all those airplanes will be distributed within the network.
They intend to open a new “company” in Brazil, in the future.

leondelfierro
16th Apr 2007, 18:53
Hello, I live in chile, and im a pilot, and i have close information about LAN, About the information posted before, its right that those acft will be distributed in the LAN network, mostly en the Chile national routes since we are having a small but constant growing of the air travel market.

But they will no be going to the hunt of the brazilian market yet, they tried to buy a small part of the Varig debt, but GOL made an offer for the complete broked airline (routes, debt and acfts), and GOL is now the owner of new Varig, this was the first attempt that LAN made to join the brazilian market, as an internal operator, but failed (no sure about if they failed or they did not wanted to), but they will make the LAN group stronger in the western side of south america, and they will soon start (rumors) with a small operator in central america.

Those acft are mostly A318 A319 and A320, used for national routes the two first, and medium international routes the 320 like Santiago-Buenos Aires or Rio

Also i've heard that LAN would buy soon two or three brand new 777 for Cargo operations, and later by this way to put this acft in the passenger fleet..this should be the joining of LAN for the 777 era

allatp
10th May 2007, 16:40
Leondelfierro,
Since you have info about LAN, I would like to ask you about LanColombia.
I heard that LAN is accepting applications for pilot and copilot positions here in Colombia. Do you know what is the scope for the salaries?
I would be interested myself in a FO position. I thank you in advance for the info.
AA

Panama Jack
10th May 2007, 19:03
Someone with an interesting sense of humor posted the following:

Asi trata LAN Chile a sus Empleados (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sj7ktF5HQg&mode=related&search=)

leondelfierro
21st May 2007, 05:57
Hi, well... i dont have much info about salaries in the LAN subsidiaries, but as a example, a Chilean Junior FO (A318-732) is making around 2000-2500 dolars a month and MAY be a little more, for chilean living expenses thats quite good... About the opening positions in Colombia dont know much, but im sure if you contact them trough the main website (get the number and call them.. best bet) they will give you a certain answer, anyway if i get some info i will post it right away!

allatp
21st May 2007, 15:13
Leondelfierro,
Thanks for all the info!!!!
Estare atento a mas informacion.

Take care!!!!!

AA