PDA

View Full Version : NetJets annual leave

Kit d'Rection KG
11th Apr 2007, 19:25
Would someone (current and longish term NetJets pilot) be kind enough to let me know here (or by PM), how the leave arrangements work for flight crew, in practice?

Specifically, how is leave allocated, is summer leave a problem, and is it allocated in blocks of 6 days which would be working days, with the 5 days off either side, or if not, how many days off are provided each side of a block of leave?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Kit

bizantin
12th Apr 2007, 07:42
vacations are allocated by a computer (and computer says no!!!). You file your request with 2wrapparound days granted automatically on either side of the 5day request (5, is the minimum). If you had vacation approved in this period of 6months last year, you have no priority anymore.
In other words, having seniority is playing against you as new hired with no anteriority will have priority over you. Complete nonsense!!
Of course, no provision given for kids...together with the tax, it looks like they are only looking for single people.

EatMyShorts!
12th Apr 2007, 09:13
Some more details:

* total leave per year 22 days
* if you request 9 days or less of vacation you'll get 2 wraparound days on each side
* if you request more than 9 days of vacation you'll get 3 wraparound days on each side

Unfortunately not all the rules are so great. I wasn't able to get my vacation this year so far, I will have to wait until october or later :(

barista
14th Apr 2007, 11:29
Again Lisboa introduce new rules before they think them through. The vacation system is a mess.

EatMyShorts!
14th Apr 2007, 16:19
...if you think so...tsssss

Kit d'Rection KG
16th Apr 2007, 07:15
Hmmm,

Thanks for the above replies, but....

...there's not a lot of information in them.

Is the message basically that summer leave is not available?

Or, put another way, would a NetJets pilot be able to plan to have a decent period of leave (or two) in the summer months?

barista
16th Apr 2007, 11:54
Sorry Kit. The news is bad. Yes.

So far most people don't got the vacaton they request. It is a new fantastic computer system that does not work :{

I think we are so short of pilots this year even if it did work no body would get what they ask anyway.

falconbis
16th Apr 2007, 22:04
You need to know also that from May to October you can take only 10 concecutive days the other holidays will have to be taken during winter BUT you need to have 3 month before each request......in résumé you most of the time cannot have the holidays you want meanning you cannot reserv ahead your airline or travel package....The netjets Holidays policy is as good as the Netjets pension....!
The happy campers coming for indoc two treads above should read this !