View Full Version : Sunair, whats happening there?

Barefoot Flyer
11th Apr 2007, 13:53
Anyone know whats happening at Sunair nz? I'm looking at doing an meir there, was looking for any inside info on them. Are they still offering part time work after training?....

pressed_on
12th Apr 2007, 00:08
As far as I'm aware, yep if you give them money to do you IR then you can go and do some (unpaid I believe) command training on their runs. 50hours is what I was told. But the brakes be that if you can't fit on, then you don't get to go and it's pretty harsh if you're commuting specially for the trip and get bumped off at the last minuite. But they're a business, so they have to do that to keep above the red line.

As far as lines of employment go, last time I saw Brendon Bourne he had a stack of CV's higher than the Tropopause, but apparantly if you do the 50hours with them and you fit in with the crew, you're chances of a job are much increased. Seems like a normal GA company to work for as far as I'm aware.

I was looking at doing my Renewal there and they told me 5 hours for an Aztec Rating plus the X-Countrys, Total around 10 hours. I didnt think i was that much of a muppet so I went to another operator and got the whole renewal done in less than 5 hours, incl a type rating. So I can't comment on the training given, but both Brendon and Anna seem very on to it and professional.

But the best advice I or any other body out there could give you, would be to give Brendon a call and go and see him and suss the place out for yourself.:ok:

pressed_on

turbolager
12th Apr 2007, 05:25
you might want to talk to ex employees about the place and see if you can get some info on the company that doesnt come from the company itself. Not always the same thing :rolleyes: