PDA

View Full Version : DHC6 winter season contracts

chutneyferret
11th Apr 2007, 10:38
finally got a type on my licence, DHC6, but have only been given a seasonal contract until November. Have been doing some research and asking around but would appreciate any suggestions for an otter contract that would last from then till end of February.

FL470
11th Apr 2007, 10:54
Try the Caribbean islands

JoeCo
11th Apr 2007, 22:14
Or the Maldives, if you have a float rating.

chutneyferret
12th Apr 2007, 04:36
Pretty much what i've been looking at. No float time though.

JoeCo
12th Apr 2007, 05:21
Well, a couple ways you can look up DHC-6 operaters.

1) go to airliners.net and pull up all the photo of DHC-6 then look up the company and see if you can apply.

2) Buy the book JPFleets and look up the operaters that way.

The big thing is to narrow down where you can work and start from there. No point hounding a company in, say the USA, if you do not have the right to live and work there. However, if you are only a contractor the rules may be different.

Good Luck.

AlphaMale
12th Apr 2007, 09:41
Loganair have 2
Wiggins Airways (USA) have 1
WinAir (North Eastern Caribbean) have 4
Nature Air (Costa Rica) have a few

:uhoh: ... Good luck.

chutneyferret
12th Apr 2007, 14:17
Many thanks for your replies.

JoeCo
13th Apr 2007, 12:52
Ironically, the guys that fly the -6's in the Grand Canyon (the company I was thinking about when I made the USA comment) have an add posted on www.climbto350.com. Have a look. If you're not a member, let me know your email adress, I'll forward you the link.

Cheers

JoeCo
13th Apr 2007, 13:27
I can't believe I forgot to tell you about thses guys!??!?!!? Hell, I use to work for them?!?!

Try Kenn Borek. Canadian company, biggest -6 operater in the world. They will probably be your best lead if you have the right credentials.

Good Luck!

152wiseguy
16th Apr 2007, 20:28
I heard Zimex were looking for crew for oil support contracts etc.

http://www.zimex.ch/

FlyTCI
29th Apr 2007, 09:39
I second what 152wiseguy said.
They are in desperate need of guys, and if you have a JAR license with DHC6 type and not a total fool you pretty much got the job.
A good company to work for, but of course not perfect.. Name the ariline that is..
Now, don't expect 5 star Hiltons and a cushioned life. Some of their projects can be quite hard to endure.. Remember, more than likely you will be away for at least 5 weeks at a time, in remote areas. Some of the projects they have don't accumulate a lot of flight time. Good if you are only looking for a paycheck, which is a quite ok one, not so good if you want hours.
I have tried the Caribbean myself, and of course Sahara can't beat a Caribbean beach, but you will work for an organisation that is pretty much trying their best and experience a strong growth.
As for pay it has been improved lately, but since I am a freelance captain I can only give you the hard number for that.. 230 euro/day, all expences included.
PM me if you want more info..
/FlyTCI

farmer jo
30th Apr 2007, 18:16
If you want a Winter Contract then there is only one place to go !! The Antartic with the British Antartic Survey ! They have four -6 on ski's and go there from October until March. Although I flew twotter I never went to Antartic but know many pilots who did and loved it. Sleeping in tents etc looking after with your plane in minus 20c ?? Anyawy they are based cambridge give them a call.

ATP