PDA

View Full Version : This decision is final

chauho
10th Apr 2007, 13:30
We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your application further. This decision is final

Anyone received this msg. from CX's website, after inputing your I.D card no. in cadet pilot application page.

Come on, I just failed twice... how come it would be like this :ugh: Does it a matter of COOLING period or ?? Last interview was done on Nov,06

Anyone has the same experince ?

Bazoots
10th Apr 2007, 23:19
Sorry mate I cant help you with your question but I was just wondering how long was it between your two attempts.

Koyo
12th Apr 2007, 05:10
Unfortunately, the consensus regarding CXCPP application is that you will only have 2 attempts and a 12 month black-out period between applications. From the tone of that error message and your own statement, it seems you no longer have any chance with CXCPP. You can try applying to Singapore Airline and Dragon Air.

Dragon Air CPP (http://www.dragonair.com/da/en_INTL/careers/cadetpilot)

Singapore Airline CPP (http://singaporeair.recruitmax.com/MAIN/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrderID=281&szReturnToSearch=1&szWordsToHighlight=)

myhitomi
12th Apr 2007, 09:06
I wanna know the ans. to this question too as I 'm planning for second attempt

Lowspirited
12th Apr 2007, 09:10
i'll talk about my own experience then about some rumors i heard, i failed the interview twice so far, last interview was july 06, i checked the CX website, and up till last month it still said i needed to wait longer before applying. i checked the CX website again just then and it actually lets me apply now, so i don't think the 2 interviews only exists (i'm not sure what will happen if i complete the application form, i don't intend to complete it for now because i don't have time to attend another interview till late november)

the 2 interviews only was mentioned by a few individuals, they claimed that the HR told them at the interview, but HR never told me, and i never asked about it, they even appeared to not know it was my 2nd time at the interviews although i did mention it during the interview... more importantly i heard rumors that theres a blacklist where the HR deems your personality or you as never suitable to be a pilot with them for whatever reasons........i stress i don't know if this is true, and i've discussed with others and were unable to indentify what possible personailty could cause a blacklisting

maybe u could call up the HR department and ask nicely about your situation, if u do call could u please pm me on what the HR tells u? gl with it ^^

Lowspirited

daveip
12th Apr 2007, 11:06
i've not yet heard anyone get booted from the CPP selection process and have a reason given to them. so i'll be surprised to hear if you call HR up and they give you any reason as to why your application isn't allowed to proceed any further or why you failed your interviews

Lowspirited
12th Apr 2007, 12:29
the people that went to the interview with me called CX HR to ask for reasons for failure and they actually replied, one guy called up, other guy sent a formal letter and got a call back.....so i think they're more willing to interact with the candidates now

daveip
12th Apr 2007, 12:38
oh thats cool!! so they aren't as cold and ruthless as i thought =p hehe

yeh .... call them up or formal email/letter!!

Lowspirited
12th Apr 2007, 13:00
i would suggest first calling up because they don't keep a reference of phone calls i believe, if you don't get the answers u need then write them a formal letter, not a letter to complain, just gently question why the decision is final

K3nnyboy
20th Apr 2007, 13:45
yea i've been through the interview twice myself....last was during April 06, my interviewer didn't mention anything bout applying twice since they knew it was my 2nd attempts anyway, but the 12 months waiting is pretty true...infact i would say it is~~ hmm
would really lik to fly with them, but at themoment im still J.O.B.less~~gonna pull myself out of aviation for 3 years for a university degree...see if that could bring me anywhere...
cheers to all!!

Lowspirited
23rd Apr 2007, 01:16
K3nnyboy could u try entering ur HKID into the online application and see what msg u get? I was planning to call CX and ask about this 2 interview only...i'll call on wednesday, anzac day, finally some time during the day. i'll let u's know what they reply ^^ and if anyone has more questions they want me to ask while i'm calling drop a msg here

hostile23
23rd Apr 2007, 10:28
Instead of sitting with your chin in your palm, grieving over missing out with the "all great Cathay" you could get on to searching for a real job with a real "career" employer. Yeah OK money not so good but (as long as you're not Asian) money is not the be all and end all. Get over it. Have you ever heard of the saying "they're the ones missing out"? There're are only 600 or so airlines in the world screaming out for pilots. Why commit to one that really is only devoted to dragging your conditions of service through the mud. Move on boy, you'll still go far.:ok:

Lowspirited
23rd Apr 2007, 14:50
hostile23, this thread is about cadet pilot, not DE, most of us here have little to no flying background, cadet programs are by far the easiest way for us to get into commercial airlines, and for those posting here would mean KA or CX :}

Lowspirited
25th Apr 2007, 09:02
i just called CX HR to ask about any limits on application, the HR said there is no set limit and depends on the individual, she would not tell me what might cause a ban on ur ID.........if anyone else has time to call and confirm what i asked i'd appreciate it as the lady at HR spoke broken english so i fear there might be some sort of miscommunication :rolleyes:

K3nnyboy
25th Apr 2007, 13:47
thx for doing us a big favour mate...well i suppose they dun just ban people for the sake of it....as long as you behave yourself and show them you're determine...think u'll be fine~~:hmm:

ckhy
3rd May 2007, 18:00
pretty darn sure about the 2 attempts thing because i actually emailed HR aroudn 1 year ago when the rumour first started and they said ..yea 2 attempts max

good luck to all

Lowspirited
4th May 2007, 06:30
hmmm thats odd, i repeated the question around 5 times to make sure she understood clearly what i said, and she definately replied there is no limit and is based on individuals... if someone could call or email to ask again it'll be appreciated ^^

ckhy
4th May 2007, 06:48
depends who you spead to?!

try to speak to Peggy

a friend of mine got told that "you are aware that this is your 2nd attempt and it's going to be the final one right?" during his 2nd interview and he failed it

Lowspirited
4th May 2007, 13:26
thats what i'm fearing...why would different HR give u a different response? there must be some uniform procedure they all follow :uhoh:

K3nnyboy
6th May 2007, 07:35
I guess it really depends on the "individuals" as I was reading Lowspirited post again just then....I am pretty sure they didn't tell me during my 2nd attempt that it was my final hope~~so yea keep the heads up guys!! :ok:

Lowspirited
17th May 2007, 10:40
We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your application further. This decision is final.

:confused: i get this message as well now, but i sent in an application 2 weeks ago and they emailed me with the "found candidates more suitable than me" response.

Sorry to bump this again but has anyone who got the same email check what the CX site says when u input ur HKID? Is this a msg for the early cooling off period or does it mean i can never apply again? I didn't get this msg before i sent the application.....a real pity if i got banned without another interview :sad:

K3nnyboy
19th May 2007, 07:38
well..if that's really the case....I would ask myself whether I really wanna join this industry or not, if so...then I would start looking for another path (even though it might takes longer time) to get to my goal...if not, then consider soemthing else, at the end of the day, you really wanna enjoy what you do.

vanucks
25th May 2007, 21:20
you know what, u can just key in a different ID no. at the first stage and then con't on w/ ur application.. (you may change back your ID no. in the next process of the application)

but ig uess that won't help much b/c at the end, CX still has your profiles..

they say they will only keep for 2 yrs.. maybe all the failed applicants can try again after 2 yrs..

Koyo
25th May 2007, 23:41
fraud (frôd) Pronunciation Key
1. A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
2. A piece of trickery; a trick.
3. a. One that defrauds; a cheat. b. One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.

That must be one of the stupidest suggestion I have ever seen. You're suggesting an individual provide false information to the purpose of gaining employment. Worst that you suggested the use of someone else's identity to do so. You must take CX for a bunch of idiots. Hmmm, CX won't notice that the name and picture don't match the ID number you provided. Hmmm, CX probably won't do a cross reference check with the Immigration Dept. You do know that providing false information is grounds for immediate termination with any company, right? How smart of you to suggest identity theft and really shows your level of maturity and morality. I seriously hope you're joking.

Lowspirit: I'm sorry to hear about the email you had received. There's no nice way to say this but "found candidates more suitable than me" is basically business lingo for "you didn't meet our requirements".

vanucks
27th May 2007, 10:14
my intention was not to cheat, this would be the dumpest thing ever if someone tried what u just mentioned.

what i meant was to input a id to get u through to the next page of the application form, when u input again with all your details.. on the second page of the application, u need to input ur id AGAIN....

i mean to be a pilot, u cannot just do everything from a-z, u need to think of some other ways to tackle obstacles sometimes.. be smart...

if the 2 attempts is really true, then there's no harm in trying different ways to at least get the hr to read ur application again...

they only want to filter ppl who would give up trying after seeing "this dicision is final" phrase...