PDA

View Full Version : Am I to OLD?!?

Mach 2.5
10th Apr 2007, 02:20
G’day everyone,
Just wandering am I to old ( 47 )for FO ?
Cpl, ATPL subjects,
1400 hours mostly fast military jets
MEIR
Thanks
:hmm:

Mr.Buzzy
10th Apr 2007, 02:30
Good people are never too old or too young.
bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tinpis
10th Apr 2007, 02:52
I think it were Pelair looking for crew on the Lear mil contract
Wanted fast pointy nose jet experience.

Depends what you want to do and how long you are prepared to remain broke for :(

OzStriker
10th Apr 2007, 03:46
Never too old, just make sure you use proper grammar on your resume!!

Dream Land
10th Apr 2007, 04:23
Are you joking, still very young in my book, and it's "too". :}

Pinky the pilot
10th Apr 2007, 04:38
You're only too old when they put you in the 'pine box!':}
And it's 'wondering':D

max AB
10th Apr 2007, 05:17
Mach, If you want to know are you too old to be considered for a FO job, the only way to know is to get some applications out there and test the response. You got those qualifications for a reason.

Mach 2.5
10th Apr 2007, 08:42
" MEA CULPA , MEA CULPA MAXIMA " - for grammar
Thanks

Mach 2.5

:O :O :O

TinDriver
10th Apr 2007, 08:58
Stab in the dark Mach 2.5:

That quote; Mea Culpa......From a ceratin book ref US navy submarines? Just a touch of deja vu.....

BTW, u get my vote too.....never too old:ok:

OK 3 wire
10th Apr 2007, 09:30
Been there done that, never seen a fast jet pilot who is not above average.

GORN ROUND
10th Apr 2007, 11:28
"Been there done that, never seen a fast jet pilot who is not above average."

You mean a surviving fast jet pilot who is not above average don't you?

Those below average have worn hills.

Then again what is the average for Knuckleheads?

The President of the Supersonic Fighter Pilots Association should be able to tell us. He must be an Air Marshall by now.

Is it 6, because they always are far too concerned with what is behind them, rather than in front of them? OOPS, what is that hill doing in my 12.

Is it heat, because they always tell you how fast the speed of heat is?

The ex-fast jet pilot is the one who while still employed as a Second Officer, wants to descend the B767 at VNE to show ATC what the jet can really do. He also stands in the cockpit doorway polishing his wings as the white faced passengers stagger off the jet at the gate.

Taildragger67
10th Apr 2007, 13:15
Good on you, M2.5, let us know how you get on. :ok:

Wish I had the cojones to change careers at this stage.

Legally they can't put an age limit on these days; f'rinstance, the QF recruiting blurb for cadets (see the QF website) specifically states no upper age limit (or at least didn't the last time I looked).

Good luck, son.

WynSock
11th Apr 2007, 00:54
Gorn - What are you smoking?

J430
11th Apr 2007, 02:00
Whatever it is it can not be legal, and he/she sounds like he/she might actually fly aeroplanes:eek:

Well at least he/she is having fun:ouch:

J:E

ABX
11th Apr 2007, 04:21
GORN,

OOPS, what is that hill doing in my 12.

Mate, people in the CSU library stared at me in frustration as I tried to hide a huge guffaw at that one. Thanks for the laugh Mate.:ok:

Cheers,

ABX

cunninglinguist
11th Apr 2007, 06:40
Oh God, the " my dix bigger than yours, military drivers are the best " pi55ing contest.
I have flown with knuckleheads that are exactly that..............:hmm:
also have flown with RAAF guys that are really good.

But sorry cant agree with " never seen a fast jet pilot who is not above average " , maybe the place I used to work just got some of the bad ones :8

400Rulz
11th Apr 2007, 09:11
:} I got a little fast jet time (thank god) - but thundering around at 250ft didn't appeal to my sense of self preservation for the long term. My experience is that it doesn't matter what the background, by the time the airlines mould you to their standards most pilots operate very similarly. It is not your age that matters, it is your ability to integrate into a crewed environment. We have a few older fellas in AirNZ (as F/O's and S/O's) and the vast majority do a great job. There's the odd one who can't stay awake on the long-haul flights tho'......
400R::hmm:

max AB
11th Apr 2007, 10:57
"never seen a fast jet pilot who is not above average" he's not talking flying skills he's talking appendage.....

400Rulz
11th Apr 2007, 11:10
:} HOTAS. Excercise makes things bigger. Now I understand......:E