PDA

View Full Version : EK Extra Reserve Lines

Kamelchaser
9th Apr 2007, 17:43
It came to me the other night over a couple of beers how this extra reserve allocation will work..yet another not so "cost neutral" senario for the pilots...

On the existing roster, I could be rostered for say, 80hours, and just sneak into productivity. If I'm a clever camper, I have bid for flights that give me 16 days off. Then, if I'm keen (or poor for the month, or just plain sad), I can get some resonable flying of my choice in open time. Hence, another 10hrs maybe, with perhaps a couple of call out payments.

Under the new scheme, I could get my 80hrs on the original roster, but now some of my previous "off days" are allocated to reserve. Now, instead of collecting the callout pay and some flying of my on choice, I get maybe 1 or 2****ty flights, and no callout pay.

Is my theory correct, or am I just being paranoid? (just because you're not paranoid it doesn't mean the b"*tards aren't out to get you)

geespot
9th Apr 2007, 18:11
Why are you flying on your days off???!!!!:ugh: Sad is the only way to describe this sort of action.

helen-damnation
9th Apr 2007, 20:32
eklawyer,

How do you know he's not one of the delayed FOs who needs the money because he doesn't have a course yet?

Trigger finger?:confused: :=

Kamelchaser
10th Apr 2007, 04:00
Of course I knew that this subject would ellicit many comments from those who are happy enough to sit back and do their minimum hours, not work on days off, etc etc.
At the end of the day we all live in different circumstances. Some need the money, some don't. Put very simply, I need the money. When I work extra hours, I do it for myself, not for the airline, nor for the guys who are happy to sit back because they have made their fortunes in property or wherever.
When I work extra, it's because I've negotiated other days off, got rid of ****ty flights, or any other number of things that suit me...not the airline.
I don't criticise guys who don't want to work on their days off because that's their choice, and they obviously don't have the financial commitments that I have. At the very least we still have the choice don't we?
Things won't change here in the short term..basings, significantly higher pay etc. I am leaving soon so I'm making hay while the sun shines. I certainly don't feel that I need to sacrifice my short-term financial wellbeing for the sake of other people's principles.

flareflyer
10th Apr 2007, 06:23
Kamel are you living soon?

Good for us. Better not to have people like you working with us..............

BYMONEK
10th Apr 2007, 07:11
Kamelchasher

So, now that YOUR ****ty flights are gone,that's okay. Surprising we don't all do it. Just imagine, one phone call each month and just great flights with loads of overtime to boot!

When you ever get a chance to leave your bubble,perhaps you should spend a minute or two of your free time to wonder why most of us don't follow your example. Emirates doesn't cancel those flights. They give them to someone else. Those very people you so obviously despise who've made their wealth through whatever means. I doubt very much though, that unlike you, it was achieved through screwing their colleagues at work. That's the difference! Perhaps if your financial commitments were less overstretched, you could enjoy the benefit of a stable roster like the rest of us. A stability that allows many to enjoy quality time with friends and family. By the sounds of it, I doubt you have either of those in Dubai.

Your selfishness, envy and greed are so shockingly apparent, I almost wonder if this is another wind up.

BYMONEK

gatvol2006
10th Apr 2007, 11:08
Mate you are a gluttons dream, lets see how long you last:cool: