PDA

View Full Version : Predator RQ-1 GCS questions

mgdaviso
9th Apr 2007, 16:56
Can anyone describe the controls on the RQ-1 control console - what do the three levers on the left hand side do?

anyone holed up in an ISO container somewhere in the USA who can help?

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/060327-F-0000J-002.jpg

reason for asking: it is a simulator project for a UK air cadet squadron.

thank you.

ZH875
9th Apr 2007, 17:10
I think they select which medal the crew wants for that particular flight :rolleyes:

mgdaviso
9th Apr 2007, 17:16
not bad ZH, I didn't think it would be too long before someone posted a response like that....I guess the medals drop out of a hatch under the control console straight into their laps?

but seriously...

samuraimatt
9th Apr 2007, 17:24
I guess the medals drop out of a hatch under the control console straight into their laps?

More like straight onto their chests.

cornish-stormrider
9th Apr 2007, 17:43
are they for selecting which friendly nation they are going to target for a few short rounds.....??

or are they the volume controls for the very loud stereo that plays the Top Gun soundtrack to cheer them up!!:E

oli,_the_original
9th Apr 2007, 18:53
Maybe flaps, undercarriage and throttle?

dakkg651
9th Apr 2007, 19:17
Who cares!

Important thing to ask is why does he need to wear a growbag?

Does he need a full aircrew medical?

Does he get flying pay?

Duncan Sandys must be smiling in his grave!

Mgdaviso - get your cadets airborne in those Vigilants and Tutors before Bliar gets rid of those too.

Spotting Bad Guys
9th Apr 2007, 19:50
Pilot: Flaps, Prop pitch, Throttle
Sensor Op: Focus, Iris, Zoom
All open source data. http://www.angelfire.com/nv2/michael/SOHB_Orig.htm
SBG

mgdaviso
9th Apr 2007, 20:23
many thanks SBG!

Mgdaviso - get your cadets airborne in those Vigilants and Tutors before Bliar gets rid of those too.I do - at every available opportunity.... I know it may be a sore point with many, but I see it that the RAF is getting predators, so why not set up our own little simulator - anything that keeps the kids interested in stuff that flys (by whatever means) is good to me!