PDA

View Full Version : Plane with landing gear trouble circles above Perth

waav8r
9th Apr 2007, 09:32
Plane with landing gear trouble circles above Perth

A passenger plane due to land at Perth Domestic Airport is experiencing trouble with its landing gear.

An airport spokeswoman says the plane is circling in the air to burn off fuel so pilots can attempt to land it.

It is unclear where the aeroplane was coming from, but it was expected to land in Perth at 5:00pm AWST

low_flyer
9th Apr 2007, 10:02
Just reported on ten news in perth and here's the Australian's story

Plane makes emergency landing
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21529119-1702,00.html
A LIGHT plane carrying 10 people has made an emergency landing at Perth Airport.
The pilot of a Super Kingair twin-propeller aircraft flying to Perth reported problems with its landing gear about 2.40pm (WST) today and finally landed about 5pm, a Perth Airport spokeswoman said.
“It circled for a couple of hours to burn off fuel before landing without incident,” the spokeswoman said.
“It had trouble with its undercarriage, with its landing gear, and on landing it's main undercarriage collapsed.
“The nose wheel stayed upright but it landed partly on its belly ....”
“Ten people (including the pilot) were on board and all were safe.”
Fire crews sprayed a protective foam over the aircraft to prevent any chance of fire.
The spokeswoman said the plane landed on the airport's shorter runway, which will remain closed until it has been inspected and cleared of damage.
Details of the airline operating the aircraft and the airport it had flown from have not been released.

rmcdonal
9th Apr 2007, 11:11
This seems to becoming a trend for the Kingairs. There where a few nose gear problems from last year I recall.
Pleased to hear all are ok:ok:

Capt Fathom
9th Apr 2007, 11:48
so pilots can attempt to land it
Wonder what the other option was?

bentleg
9th Apr 2007, 11:54
West Australian Newspaper media report here (http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=145&ContentID=25637)

Dog One
10th Apr 2007, 07:14
Change of port - heard centre yesterday advising that Derby's main runway closed due disabled aircraft. Runway was to be closed for several hours. Any one know the details?

Hawk777
10th Apr 2007, 08:41
Heard something about a Chieftan with nose gear (tyre) problems was stuck on the runway at DBY.

Probably just a flat tyre. If you've seen the Derby runway of late you wouldn't be surprised, it's as rough as guts.

I think Golden Budgie operate out of Derby in Nav's and Chief's.

ALSO

Well done to the Pilot of SGT in Perth yesterday. Saw it on the news and looked like he did a bloddy good job.:D

GORN ROUND
10th Apr 2007, 11:16
"An airport spokeswoman says the plane is circling in the air to burn off fuel so pilots can attempt to land it."

Geez,

I am glad that the spokeswoman knows that AIRcraft operate in the AIR and not underwater.

I'd hate to be circling when I was burning off fuel. OUCH.

megle2
10th Apr 2007, 11:28
Wasn't SGT the first Qld Govt's King Air.

Monopole
10th Apr 2007, 11:43
Wasn't SGT the first Qld Govt's King Air.
Yep sure was

VH- State Government Transport :ok: