PDA

View Full Version : CSA Czechoslovak Airlines pilots on st**ke?

LeadingEdge
20th Aug 2001, 15:42
Heard a rumour that the pilots of this airline will be on st**ke soon...any details on that?

tarjet fixated
20th Aug 2001, 20:13
I don't think they have got the balls to go on strike.....
:D

LeadingEdge
20th Aug 2001, 22:14
why do you think?

tarjet fixated
21st Aug 2001, 23:17
Because i worked in that country for a while and everybody seems to be scared of taking any steps and there is no unity whatsoever between pilots.
A great bunch of selfish backstabbers in my experience.
Anyway they seem to be asking for a 10% increase...which makes no difference considering that the 10% of a small amount is still a ridiculously small amount!

LeadingEdge
22nd Aug 2001, 16:45
I heard that they had a ALPA meeting yesterday,and it looks pretty much like a str**e!

How bad will this hit the SkyTeam alliance?

tarjet fixated
22nd Aug 2001, 22:18
Well CSA have only around 25 airplanes so an alliance made of huge airlines like Delta, Air France, Alitalia, Korean and so on would not be really hit by a small strike especially considering the fact that only around half of CSA pilots are part of ALPA.
Anyway they should be asking at least for a 100% increase because right now a Capt. makes around 1600$ US!!!!
And don't give me the usual story of the lower cost of living in that country because if you want to buy a mobile phone or a car you pay the same as in Germany...beer however is much cheaper of course... :D