PDA

View Full Version : Work for Cx, live in another SE Asian country?

Glacier1900
8th Apr 2007, 03:18
Does anyone work for Cx and live in another SE asian country? Or is the HK housing allowance to tempting? Say malaysia, thailand? Anywhere, let me know.

sinkingship
8th Apr 2007, 04:20
I think there is still a senior captain whos based in BKK, the one and only.

Glacier1900
8th Apr 2007, 04:47
wow, actually based. Must have beer flavored nipples.

Rice Pudding
8th Apr 2007, 05:36
There are a few living in Phuket and Chang Mai that commute to HK, also Penang. It is now the only way to breath clean air, and still collect the housing allowance. The housing cost in Chang Mai is still quite cheap by comparison, and there are now some direct flights. Without the housing you are better off either being based elsewhere or working for another airline, again elsewhere.

You are probably aware that alot of guys commute from Oz, NZ etc.

For most, especially with families (and want to keep them) being based in HK is the only option. This means a continual balance between family and work, which is not always easy when you live away from your home country.

Traffic
8th Apr 2007, 11:11
Not SE Asia..but I know at least one of the bus captains who commutes from Tokyo.

Clean air, four seasons, great food and heaps of good foreign schools.

Also a good opportunity to get to know the local airlines that employ foreign crews in ever increasing numbers. Skymark, Skynet, Air Japan, Air Do, JEX, Star Flyer etc. Walk straight in when you leave CX or KA.

A lot to recommend it.