PDA

View Full Version : Bush Pilot Training

Jay Bo
8th Apr 2007, 00:33
Anyone recommend any bush pilot training schools in Southern Africa.

Cheers

Shrike200
8th Apr 2007, 03:50
I can recommend 'The School of Hard Knocks'...... :E

Hey, it worked for me!

Icarus208
8th Apr 2007, 06:54
I agree with Shrike200.."school of hard knocks"....dont know of any schools in SA offer that. And if they do offer they are taking youre money because there is no subsitute for hands on experience. Nobody can teach you the bush pilots techniques. You must make mistakes to excel in bush flying. Only advice I can give is go fly in Botswana or Namibia for years and learn how to fly there and hone your skills on that there. Great experience and probably the best time in your flying career. Lots of fun.

Good luck:ok:

Cruiseclimb
9th Apr 2007, 16:04
Know your equipment and look at the charts for the limits on takeoff distance a various weights, temps, and DAs.. that kind of knowledge is what matters... Know the systems and the charts...

Bell47Boy
10th Apr 2007, 08:04
Have a look at Bushair, maybe suit you. Based in the Baberton Valley, up Nelspruit way.
www.bushair.co.za

Ingwe
10th Apr 2007, 10:12
In Africa we don't think of it/call it 'bush flying' we just call it flying...

It 's not something you teach it's something you learn as you go along and you either love it or hate it. Most of us love it....

rodmur
10th Apr 2007, 11:28
[email protected] IN BOTSWANA ARE LOOKING FOR A PILOT
CP = JOHN ALLOT

boere uit die bos
12th Apr 2007, 09:07
Shrike and Icarus are right, you will never learn it in a school.

Because it is a controlled environment. When you are in the bush they can predict a herd of buck stampeeding the runway after you have touched down. They cant teach you to dodge the villagers running across the runway because it is the shortest route to the town!

You need to go join a company and go learn! It is all about the bag of luck and the back of experience. I am still dipping into my bag of luck.