PDA

View Full Version : Radio Etiquette - What not to do

DUXNUTZ
7th Apr 2007, 16:44
Listen to this audio of an emergency involving a charter md-80 in the states. ATC sanitise the airspace and some gets ticked.

http://www.jjgrantham.net/Allegiant758.mp3

pakeha-boy
7th Apr 2007, 20:03
Dux mate...that boy is not the full can of baked beans at all,....always one in the crowd.....when it comes to emergencies ....its always just best to co-operate and graduate with ATC....some blokes just dont get it...PB

SM4 Pirate
7th Apr 2007, 21:52
Sounds to me like a terry towelling hat wearing tosser. Bring in E airspace over real aerodromes here so we can have more of that, NOT!

DUXNUTZ
7th Apr 2007, 22:35
Thought it was worth a laugh. The airspace system works pretty well in the good ol US of A but with the service comes W@nkers who think that flying VFR in CTA means they have the same rights as IFR ppl.

Me thinks an Aussie controller would have told the guy where to go!

the wizard of auz
7th Apr 2007, 23:56
sounds like some of the Sunday drivers I've had to work for over the years....... it's all about them :*

marreeman
8th Apr 2007, 01:03
Only in america! maybe one day karma will come round to this fnuckle. What happened to using some airmanship, ooops obviously has none. :oh:

jbr76
8th Apr 2007, 01:32
Today 07:52
SM4 Pirate Sounds to me like a terry towelling hat wearing tosser

gold! :D :ok:
And who says Volvos cant fly??? - Going by that recording it is blatantly obvious that they do :ugh:

rmcdonal
8th Apr 2007, 03:58
I'm not sure I could have been that polite :mad:

ScottyDoo
8th Apr 2007, 05:19
Note the complete lack of R/T callsign discipline between the controller and several of the pilots. Also, the lack of standard phraseology.

Sounds a bit like Indian airspace but with a yank accent.

pakeha-boy
8th Apr 2007, 14:00
QUOTE....Note the complete lack of R/T callsign discipline between the controller and several of the pilots....=....A SIGN OF THE TIMES