PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted windows opening on Log in?

Greek God
7th Apr 2007, 01:03
Hi all
I have just been fighting with my computer over a svchost application error which was crashing my system (referencing memory at 0x0000000 which could not be read) and eventually resolved it with a search and downloaded fix. In the process I downloaded a programme called registryfix which came up with over 1500 errors. I let the programme fix them and the system seems to be OK apart from initial login under any user name - 2 windows automatically open with the contents of My Computer and Adobe Acrobat 7.0
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to stop them opening please?
Thanks

Cypherus
7th Apr 2007, 08:13
One of the inherent problems of Regfixers is that what needs fixing will always be another’s idea of the problem at hand and may not actually need fixing at all, but most offer the chance to ‘Back up’ the registry to file before making any changes, if you made use of this facility you could try uploading the original registry settings once again and see if the problem goes away, then uninstall the regfixer. Not something you would wish to get wrong so if your not happy working with the registry best left alone.

Other than that, log in as admin and erase all user accounts, reboot and remake them again, open MSCONFIG and uncheck any entry for Adobe, and anything to do with the regfixer you used.

Greek God
8th Apr 2007, 10:23
Thanks for your help Cypherus
That seems to have cured it
Regards
GG