PDA

View Full Version : License conversion records question

HeavyWrenchFlyer
7th Apr 2007, 00:07
Regarding the records required for converting a US ATP to HKG ATP which I'll be doing in late June, among other things they require this;

"Your most recent Pilot proficiency Check (endorsed logbook entry & training report) or Multi-engine Instrument Rating achieved on a civilian registered aircraft."

My question is that since we don't normally get a logbook endorsement during PC events and having to chase down the check airman who did mine last year would be a royal pain, is it possible to use just the "OR Multi-engine Instrument Rating achieved on a civilian registered aircraft." option?!!

I've already sent an email to recruitment with this question but since they're on a holiday until the 10th I would really appreciate if any one here has any personal experience having had gone thru the process so I'll have an idea what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

rjmore
7th Apr 2007, 03:07
I thought we already did all of that once for the second interview. I know my employment letter said they would be requiring info to be faxed. I was hoping it wouldn't be the same stuff again but it looks like it is. It took an act of congress for me to get it all the first time, and that asst. chief pilot has moved on to another base. Hopefully they can use what I already gave them.

HeavyWrenchFlyer
7th Apr 2007, 03:24
The paperwork I got specifically asks for what is no longer the most current again such as endorsed copy of last 6 months of flying and the most recent PC. At the interview I just had the printout of all my training records including the last PC ride, which is the only thing my current company considers "official" records... logbook endorsements mean nothing where I am now, so it won't be easy to pin someone down to get one. So if you gave them your logbook copy with the PC endorsment in it and you haven't had any more recent one since, then I guess you won't need to do it again. I just had the "official" computer record of mine and they said just bring the endorsment when you show up for training.

rjmore
7th Apr 2007, 04:05
All my letter said was that they would be asking for documents to be faxed but there was nothing specifically asking for anything except the dental record thing. I had the same situation, I just grabbed an ACP and we came up with an endorsement for the logbook. Instead of a stamp I photo copied his business card on each page of the logbook. Luckily I had a PC about two weeks before my second interview so I had the guy endorse my logbook. He looked at me funny but he did it.

When are you going? PM me with the info.