PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Know Time To Convert European Atpl In A Uk One?

jeanjambre
6th Apr 2007, 18:49
Hi all,

I'm waiting that CAA convert my Italian JAA in a UK ATPL does anybody had the same experience, and in case how long did it take.

Thanks in advance anyway.

Slobby
8th Apr 2007, 10:05
:hmm: Check with the CAA. It will take about 10 working days to fully convert your licence. You need to pay around GBP 350.00 and surrender your Italian license so during this period you are not able to fly. Before all this you start by making a file with the CAA. This is done by contacting the CAA on there website and find in the medical section "how to convert your license into a UK license". Fill in the form and based on that, they will send you a confirmation, a reg nr and a medical question from. This reg nr is also going to be your license number. Than contact the Italian CAA medical department. Explain what you are doing and that you what them to send your medical data to the UK CAA medical department. They have to fill in the medical question form and return it to the UK CAA med. dep. Once that ha been accepted you can send them your license, logbooks and pay the fee. You can find most of this stuff on the website of the CAA. Good luck. ps. I am not Italian but Dutch and assume the process works the same either way.