PDA

View Full Version : Parking charges @ LHR for BizJet pilots

hollingworthp
6th Apr 2007, 17:07
This might well be a daft question - but do bizjet (or indeed airline) pilots get any kind of reduced or staff long-term parking at Heathrow?

Manual Reversion
6th Apr 2007, 20:20
Staff car park....free !

hollingworthp
6th Apr 2007, 20:22
Would the staff carpark be available to NetJets employees?

hoopla
6th Apr 2007, 20:24
Most of the commercial airline crew bmi, Aer Lingus, Virgin, United, JAL, ANA, get issued a pass that's registered to their car for the long term/staff car park. BA crew use a different one altogether as do all other ground staff. Some Managers, Captains etc depending on their position or length of service have central car park passes again issued by their airline.
As for GA/biz or Netjets jet crew would suggest if you are going away for any long periods use on of the off airport parking services and most of them drop you to T4 or central area, Google for all the available online quotes and services. Access to the ramp via Cargo village is BAA security, if you come in with a designated company like CCH or TellingsGoldenMiller everyone has to show their ID's and all luggage has to be screened, commercial crew were all subject to the liquid rule but not sure about GA at LHR these days.
Get your handling agent to collect you and take you through airside.
If short term, the Long stay car parking is still quite ££ but will only take you to the designated terminals.
If you live anywhere near Oxford they have a fantastic regular coach service which is cheap and efficient. From LGW, LTN, STN there's National Express if you can park and ride from there.
Paddington Express used to give staff ID holders a discount but would check that with customer services.
Any other questions? feel free to PM

hollingworthp
6th Apr 2007, 20:27
Hi Hoopla

Thanks for that.

It just so happens that I live 4-5 miles from the Headington park & ride and I have a feeling that the Oxford Tube etc go through there. Certainly would save on petrol / parking / dodgy parking people using you car while you are away!

Cheers.

Phil.

hoopla
6th Apr 2007, 20:40
Yes indeed, as most of us saw that Watchdog episode, don't trust any chauffer service unless you also have one of those trackers!!

LB1985
6th Apr 2007, 23:03
It seems that most LHR-based NJE crew members park at the long-stay Parking Express car park. There's a bus from there to T4, from where you can easily walk to the FBO, if you're opeating out of LHR. If operating back to LHR, transport to parking express can be arranged with the NJE handling agent. I'm not sure if NJE have negotiated any sort of discount there, though.

merlinxx
7th Apr 2007, 04:45
Check with Signature yr FBOat LHR

LB1985
7th Apr 2007, 12:12
Check with Signature yr FBOat LHR

Unfortunately there is no crew parking available at the FBO.

Cloud Chaser
28th Apr 2007, 13:31
Do Netjets et al not provide a car park pass for the gateway you are employed at?
I was considering a move across to biz jets, but if I will have to pay to park my car for up to 6 days at a time, over the year that's a hell of a chunk out of you take home pay.

Capt Crash
28th Apr 2007, 16:28
Netjets can help you get crew parking at LHR but, it will cost you about £500 a year. They take out of your per diems over a few months so it doesn't hurt too much. It is still cheaper than anything else and they do a quick transfer to the terminals.

CC

Cloud Chaser
29th Apr 2007, 16:27
What about the other gateways?

Capt Crash
29th Apr 2007, 18:14
The Heathrow car parking was a long and drawn out business. It was locally negotiated by pilots but, for administration reasons they wanted to deal with one entity, the company. Netjets did not find the parking, they were grudgingly persuaded to help.

redsnail
29th Apr 2007, 19:48
When my gateway was LHR I didn't drive. Too much of a hassle to leave a car in the car park and it removed the flexibility of going straight home from LGW, LCY or LTN instead of going all the way to LHR and then home.
Besides, the car battery usually went flat.

Now the gateway is LTN. :ok: