PDA

View Full Version : CASA mail outs and info packages

Kenneth
6th Apr 2007, 14:24
Whats the consensus??
Do these really provide new information or are they telling us what we already should know?

Waste of time and money????
If so what should they be spending their newly cost recovered money on??

whogivesa????
6th Apr 2007, 14:38
I got a HUGE laugh when theymailed out the DVD for NAS2b ( or whaterver it was). THE casa bloke Taxiing in the C152 at YBTH with the rear beacon,DUCT TAPED on!!!!!!!! made me wet myself!

I spoke to a mate who is a LAME, who then demanded to see it! he then COPIED it onto his hard-drive and is waiting eagerly for his next CASA inspection!

If I had known that a rotating beacon DUCT-TAPED to the fin was legal, then I would have dispenesed with my meckanics years ago!!!!
ps: can anyone fill me in: is it ONLY C152's? or is it ANY light aircraft that it is legal for ?

thanks in advance.

Howard Hughes
6th Apr 2007, 21:40
Whats the consensus??
Do these really provide new information or are they telling us what we already should know?
Perhaps a little of both, as conscientious pilots we should perhaps already know what is written in these texts, but if they help some to understand better then surely they are a good thing. :ok:

Now the quality of the texts is probably more in question, you would think that coming from the regulator they would know the rules and adhere to the very regulations they claim to enforce...:hmm: