PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - just facts

Fab66
5th Apr 2007, 16:11
Hello, thinking to apply with Qatar, I need your advice and experience.
I m actually flying the A320 in Europe with a monthly average of 80 hours. My idea is to join on the 330 fleet or bigger, but in their web site they say you need 6000 hours for that. As I don’t have these 6000 hours today, what is the best to apply know and join them on the 320 for some times knowing they are flying only 50 hours a month, in that case for how long should I expect to fly the 320 before a move? Or wait with my present employer till I get the hours? :O
Life style in Doha?
Typical roster?
F/O salaries?
Thanks in advance, Cheers :ok:
Fab

pezetaroi
5th Apr 2007, 16:50
I was wondering... why would you want to leave Europe for Qatar? Most pilots (including myself) would love to be flying an A320 in Europe... as a matter of fact, I'm also flying the 320 and plan to convert my ICAO to JAA and as soon as I obtain my EU passport apply in Europe. Maybe some info on current working conditions would help...

cheers!

tuan74
5th Apr 2007, 21:15
Stay where you are matey...no point coming here...:= :=

The new package has been announced and it's not worth if you want to compare it with your pay in Europe...check out the thread titled QR Payrise or Just Rice.. to find out more..

Cheers....

Autobrake1
6th Apr 2007, 07:58
hi guys!
i have to do a harsh decision in the near future!
(joining middle east or not)
i am reading all threads carfully to become a vast overview of present situatuion in the gulf, but still having a lot of questions!

- how long does it take in reality to get an upgrade? (got 3000hrs ttl on medium jet)
- education for children (its hard to find a good site with useful informations on the internet)

p.s. A330 300 thx for answering my former post so fast

grüsse Autobrake1

A330_300
6th Apr 2007, 08:03
Joining as a non type rated will take atleast 24 to 36 months, as a type rated it will be lesser. Now on A330 they are planning to move people from left to right and that if you have 7000 hours 18 month minimum on the type and 3 years with company.

For schooling try http://www.hejleh.com/countries/qatar.html

Autobrake1
6th Apr 2007, 08:37
already read a lot concerning new pay rice:-)

how much is the all in all package now for f/o? (including all allowances)

grüsse Autobrake1

Autobrake1
6th Apr 2007, 08:39
that´s the problem mate!

i have to expect upgrade in about 17 years - no joke :-(

grüsse Autobrake1

europilot
6th Apr 2007, 21:01
Autobrake1,

do you work at Austrian by any chance??

Servus
EP

Fab66
7th Apr 2007, 08:03
Thanks a lot tmw,
That's what I was thinking, to many of us are complaning and we do not anymore appreciate what we have.
AS a pilot, if you have the correct experience we have this chance to move over the world to dicover different culture and way of life. And as you said, I d like to come and try it out.
The conditions looks correct, ok not the best but all I m asking is enjoy the flying part.
Take care guys :ok:
Fab