PDA

View Full Version : What is max. age for hiring at fractionals?

Ignition Override
6th Apr 2007, 06:46
Do they hire pilots a bit over 50 years old with quite a bit of twin-turbofan operations (100,000-121,000 lbs MTOW), willing to fly years after age 60, or is it rare?

How about at NetJets?

If so, what sort of duty periods do their pilots work?

con-pilot
6th Apr 2007, 18:25
I O, I do not know the age limit, however, I have met some fractional pilots that went to work for the companies after they retire from the airlines at age 60. Two were flying Hawker 800s and one was flying a BBJ. They were hired straight into the left seat.

Now I must say that this was a few years ago.

Ignition Override
7th Apr 2007, 04:18
Thanks Con-Pilot. I anticipated mostly a deafening silence from the much younger US Pprune members, as happens when US pilots "troll" for information regarding jobs in Europe.

After reading through the NetJets website and some de-briefings after interviews on some other site, the company looked like a really good place to work, not just with the solid blocks of days on and off. With all of the Netjets planes on order, it might be a long wait for Captain seniority there, if I leave this badly-run 'outfit' in about three years at age 55.

It would be nice, for once, to work for a well-run company before many more years here. It is depressing being at work because of the bad hits taken mostly by the narrow-body FOs, many of whom-thanks to the 'nice' TA-spend various days (could be at home) in a hotel during a trip for about 30+ hours, for no pay.
Morale can not get any lower, due to the cowardly prima donnas at the top.

con-pilot
7th Apr 2007, 18:34
I O, check your PMs.

Cheers

tophe
7th Apr 2007, 19:52
60 is the max at Netjets Europe. After that, it's retirement time......
So I guess 57 to 58 would be max to be hired.