PDA

View Full Version : PPL trainning in Sydney

Results may vary
5th Apr 2007, 09:00
Hi all,

I am the friend that XRNZAF is talking about, and now that I have found this great site I would like to ask if anyone has any opinions on ' McIvers flying school at Bankstown. I am looking at flying there because they seem resonably cheap, and they also have Piper Tomohawks which is what I have been flying in NZ, so I thought it would be good to stick with them to save time and money learning a new type.

Cheers.:eek:

Wheeler
5th Apr 2007, 09:34
You will be OK there.

Bankstownboy
5th Apr 2007, 10:13
McIvers actually operate at Bankstown? I thought they were only at Hoxton Park.

Results may vary
5th Apr 2007, 10:31
Im not sure sorry, but the 1 I found is at Bankstown:eek:

Bankstownboy
5th Apr 2007, 11:06
Did you search the Bankstown Airport site for flying schools and come up with McIvers hey?

I've done that before too and it lists McIvers as Bankstown, but when you visit their website, they say they're at Hoxton Park. But if they are at Bankstown, that's news to me!

Results may vary
5th Apr 2007, 11:13
Yep, they are deffinately there, I went in the other day.
Cheers

TwoTango
11th Apr 2007, 09:52
McIvers still have a building out at YHOX, but it doesn't seem to get used very often. As far as I am aware, they are in the Illawarra Flying School building at Bankstown, along with Red Baron...

Results may vary
12th Apr 2007, 07:42
Yes, thats right. Thats where I have been in to see them. Im just waiting on my ASIC, Medical, ARN etc, then ill be away. R they any good ?:)

VH-XXX
12th Apr 2007, 09:03
I saw a similar discussion on the web and "Boomerang Air" popped up operating at Bankstown. I think they were quoting $8.5k for a PPL. Sounds a little cheap. A particular Moorabbin school is advising it will cost $20k. $8.5k will comfortably get you a recreational certificate these days, but far from a PPL I would have thought.

Results may vary
12th Apr 2007, 09:27
Yes, it does sound a bit dodge, doesnt it ?
Mcivers has been the only place i have found with tomo's tho, so i think i will go there. :ok: