PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Morning Tea

mrcoffee
5th Apr 2007, 07:39
Hi! Ive been invited to a Jetstar morning tea next week. Does anyone know what happens at one of these and what your judged on??

Also, ive heard so many bad things on this forum about working for jetstar... does ANYONE have anything good to say about them???

RYAN TCAD
5th Apr 2007, 19:21
You'll be judged on whether or not you bring enough money with you to pay for morning tea.

Bo!

Capt Claret
5th Apr 2007, 19:35
MrCoffee,

I spent a month line training with Jetstar on the B717, before they lost it :E . I know it was only a month but that's all I have to judge on. I found their crews, tech & cabin, to be pleasant and professional. I found the standard to which they operated the aircraft to be professional.

I saw nothing to justify the plethora of comments on PPRuNe that because they're low cost, they're no good.

They did have an occasional bitch-n-moan about the company and how the company manages things, but then I've never met any employee group that didn't in my time in the workforce, and that started in 1974.

Overall, the folk I met in the month there were mostly happy with the job.

The Bullwinkle
5th Apr 2007, 19:36
So you get called in for "Tea & Bickies" before you even start !!!!!!!!

Sounds promising. :ok:

Shouldhe
5th Apr 2007, 20:22
By 'tea and bickies', do you mean the interview? Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious, but my two kids kept me awake most of the night and i'm not functioning too well right now :}
I have spoken to few in the company, and you know what, they all say things along the line "it's not CX or Q, but it is a quick command and I'm home every night. You work hard but it's alright."
My decision to apply is based on the fact I would like location stability and the chance for a quick command with the associated pay rise.
Like EVERY job, I think it can be what you make it..a positive attitude will see you enjoy it more than a negative one will.
Rosters seem to be around 15 days of work (I think 75 hours in the max before over time and they don't like paying that!)
At the moment the company is in a state of flux and expansion. I was told by a few guys to take 'any' basing offered (in Aus if you can stay with friends etc) as there is a good chance that you will be able to get your preferred basing reasonably quickly (within a few months in some cases)
Hope this helps.

distracted cockroach
6th Apr 2007, 07:47
"Tea and bikkies" is a commonly used phrase to mean being called in for disciplinary reasons...ie tea and bikkies with the Chief Pilot/Ops manager or who-ever.:ok:

permFO
6th Apr 2007, 08:38
No signing on and signing off, no hanging around airport coffee shops waiting for your next flight, no 10-14 overnights a month, no having your roster changed. The money is ok but obviously you can get more with other airlines, the people are like those you work with in any other airline, the aeroplanes are new and there are more on the way, morale is good all things considered.

mrcoffee
8th Apr 2007, 07:13
I have no idea whether its for the 320 or 330.... at the moment ill be happy either way! i was always under the impression that you were on all different flights....

Well thanks for your encouranging comments... fingers crossed eh?

UAL Furlough
8th Apr 2007, 08:50
mrcoffee,

I am a bit confused by all your posts...have you been invited for a pilot interview at Jetstar? If so, and you have no idea what you are in for, then I recommend you find out fast...or you will be eaten alive. What do you know about the process? Who do you know at Jetstar? What have you done to prepare? What is your experience level?

I have interviewed for 6 airline jobs now and in all 6 I basically knew exactly what was going to happen, what they were going to ask and what I needed to do to be successful. If you aren't at that level, you need to get there.

Just some advice.:)

Bula
9th Apr 2007, 04:52
Dont listen to UAL....... I asked that exact question in the interview because simply I didn't know. Thats what it is meant for. Ask as many question as you feel... just dont ask the "stupid" one's that are obvious because it makes you look "dull" for one of better words.

With the movement through the ranks etc..... you need to have an idea what they expect of you and what you expect of them. There are plenty of people that cant afford type rating's on a Cruise Fo's wage (A330) so it is prudent for you to know what your getting yourself into.

What do you know about the process ... as much a possible but dont go in over confident otherwise they will shoot you down.

Who do you know... who cares. It relates directly to the first question. No one likes a name dropper, it shows underconfidence.. which is not always a bad thing but you want to appraoch the interview on your own merits.

What have you dont to prepare... everything you possibly can do in the time available

What is you experience level... commensuate with your understanding of the world. They dont expect Islander pilots to have a thorough understanding of heavy jet ops.. but atleast have an understanding of the basics (if they ask).
Good luck